Talk

Advanced search

To suggest you all do not watch 'All round to Mrs Brown'

(248 Posts)
ForalltheSaints Sat 25-Mar-17 12:53:37

I have lost count of the number of times I have seen the trailer for this, with a pixillation to cover up a swear word.

Even if you excuse the unnecessary amount of foul language, this is at best an extension of a very bad 70s sitcom with a gay character added in. If this is all the BBC can put out on a Saturday evening they have lost the plot in a way.

The worst thing of all is that previous series have attracted a large viewing audience. Go down the pub, watch another channel, play a video game or do something else. Poor viewing figures will mean it will not get a second series and the sitcom may be cancelled.

WorraLiberty Sat 25-Mar-17 12:55:51

You're being incredibly unreasonable.

The large viewing figures should spell that out to you.

I for one, love Mrs Brown and will be definitely be watching.

You of course are at liberty to do as you please.

EdmundCleverClogs Sat 25-Mar-17 12:56:48

Thank you Mary Whitehouse. Thank goodness you're still around to tell us what to watch on television. You have a total right to do so.

One question, what if I'm one of the few that actually likes Mrs Brown's Boys? Do I still have to go down the pub?

Soubriquet Sat 25-Mar-17 12:59:00

I love Mrs Browns and I hope this new program will live up to the old stuff

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 25-Mar-17 13:00:08

Wow thanks OP - where would we be without you as the nation's moral guardian confused

You don't have to watch it but please do not try to patronise people by 'asking' them not to watch it.

I hate talent shows and soaps but I'm not arsey enough to start a thread suggesting that people don't watch them...

WorraLiberty Sat 25-Mar-17 13:00:10

The viewing figures suggest you certainly wouldn't be one of a few, Edmund.

I'm not keen on Emmerdale, can everyone stop watching that too please?

FourToTheFloor Sat 25-Mar-17 13:00:14

How about you go down to the pub OP or watch another channel.

And yes you are being fucking unreasonable. needless profanity there to add to my point

Reow Sat 25-Mar-17 13:00:38

I fucking love foul language.

biscuit

Sheogorath Sat 25-Mar-17 13:00:43

Or you can not watch it, and everyone else can do whatever they want.

Wolfiefan Sat 25-Mar-17 13:00:51

Thanks for reminding me it is on OP.

LittleMissUpset Sat 25-Mar-17 13:01:14

Ooh thanks for reminding me this is on! I love Mrs Browns Boys, went to see it live I've never laughed so much grin

YABU

StiickEmUp Sat 25-Mar-17 13:01:30

Just the advert for the show when it first came out put me off. It's not for me

glenthebattleostrich Sat 25-Mar-17 13:01:41

As long as everyone stops watching soaps so they get cancelled. I don't like them.

And anything with nick Knowles, he annoys me.

And Rom coms. They need to be banned too.

Oh and dark chocolate. And sheep, creepy eyed monsters, boycott​ them too. ... ...

Redglitter Sat 25-Mar-17 13:01:46

hmm what a ridiculous thread. So just because you don't like a programme no one else should watch it. Fucking ridiculous

LittleMissUpset Sat 25-Mar-17 13:02:16

glen don't forget clowns creepy fuckers!

PortiaCastis Sat 25-Mar-17 13:02:29

I like Mrs Brown and will not be told what not to watch on my tv. You suit yourself OP but please do not tell others what to watch because you are not a censor

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Sat 25-Mar-17 13:02:52

Ok so you don't like Mrs brown but I'm sure why you have such issues with others watching

Are you just bored today or something?

ThoraGruntwhistle Sat 25-Mar-17 13:03:27

I won't be watching any of them because I find everything about the sitcom insultingly stupid and unfunny so I can't see that I'd enjoy a spin off. But lots of other people like it so I wouldn't ask them not to watch it. Each to their own innit.

WorraLiberty Sat 25-Mar-17 13:04:35

This meme always reminds me of my best friend's mum grin

Sparklingbrook Sat 25-Mar-17 13:04:46

I really don't get Mrs Brown, and I find it really annoying so I don't watch it.

But hey, I have been known to laugh at Vic and Bob and Celebrity Juice so what do I know? grin

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 25-Mar-17 13:04:50

Ah yes Romcons are a bag of total wank too - I will stand outside the cinema and tell people that they shouldn't watch it because it's not to my taste hmm

And of course going to the pub is a great idea, particularly for those with young children hmm

I'm sure there is something suitable for you on the other millions of channels or you could spend the evening getting that stick out of your butt

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 25-Mar-17 13:05:31

Give over you daft bugger.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea but who are you to dictate what people chose to watch. I used to hate it but it's grown on me, I think she's hilarious grin.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 25-Mar-17 13:05:46

Do you start those threads where you profess 'not to understand' why someone likes something that you don't?

RoganJosh Sat 25-Mar-17 13:05:51

I think you'd have a valid point in the days of just a few tv channels, the implication being that people are just watching it because it's on. But people could choose to watch something else now. I have no idea why, but they are choosing to watch mrs brown and her boys or whatever it's called.

surferjet Sat 25-Mar-17 13:06:50

Did you not get the part you auditioned for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now