Talk

Advanced search

To have posted this on FB?

(10 Posts)
PollytheDolly Fri 24-Mar-17 22:28:37

I wish the media would stop giving out so much information on that arsehole. I won't repeat his name (one of many aliases) I don't really care what he did at school, how good he was at sport and look at his old childhood photos. I don't care if he was "nice, polite, well spoken" or that old friends can't believe he'd do this. He deserves none of this. Look at what he did this week only. I'd rather see news of PC Palmer, his injured colleagues, the one with life changing injuries. I'd rather hear from the victims and their families, the ones who suffer the horrifying consequences, the witnesses and abhorrent images forever ingrained in their minds and their families. He should die as an unknown. Irrelevant. A nothing.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 24-Mar-17 22:33:39

Well you're still drawing a attention to him by claiming you don't think he deserves attention. You've also just started an entire thread on a busy forum basically about him.

PollytheDolly Fri 24-Mar-17 22:35:53

True Paul. It just annoys me how much coverage he's getting. Delving into childhood etc. Like "he was a nice boy". I'm sure that is no consolation to the victims.

PollytheDolly Fri 24-Mar-17 22:54:12

Just needed to vent really. I've also seen that pic of the lady in the hijab vilified for walking past a victim. She was in shock and on the phone to her family but because of her attire.....

And not everyone can tend to a smashed up dying body on the street. Human nature. I could. I was in the army so training and instinct would draw me towards, but I wouldn't vilify someone who couldn't. Media, again.

Birdsgottaf1y Fri 24-Mar-17 23:00:28

We need to pinpoint when followers are on the brink of committing these acts.

People are interested, stories are going to get out and it's better that it's from reliable sources.

To his victims, he isnt irrelevant. Nor are the people that they've arrested across three cities. They also shouldn't be seen as irrelevant to wider society.

From a crime analysis POV, this is needed.

There'll be a platform for the Victims to come forward with their stories, should they want to.

PollytheDolly Fri 24-Mar-17 23:09:21

I hope the victims do come forward.

Of course, authorities need to know but it sticks in my throat a bit the schoolboy images, how good he was at rugby, etc. Me personally, I don't want to know anything about him. It's almost like they are humanising him and that does not sit well. No normal humanbeing would mount a pavement and skittle innocent people, then carry on after that stabbing an unarmed PO. And one minute before all this go into Whatsapp

WorraLiberty Fri 24-Mar-17 23:15:44

It's almost like they are humanising him and that does not sit well.

But he was human and he was 'normal' at one point and that's what they're trying to get across - that people born and bred in this country can be radicalised right under our noses.

It's shocking, but it's something that people need to know.

By all accounts he was a nice normal child at school, but somewhere along the line he was radicalised and became filled with hatred and murderous intentions.

PollytheDolly Fri 24-Mar-17 23:24:46

B*ut he was human and he was 'normal' at one point and that's what they're trying to get across - that people born and bred in this country can be radicalised right under our noses.*

There's the rub. I do get that, really I do but until something is done to snuff the radicalisation out, and i don't know what the hell the answer to that is, it's all going around in circles.

FarAwayHills Fri 24-Mar-17 23:25:23

I kind of agree, I think all this endless media talk about him and his life just reinforces his status as some sort of martyr or hero.

I also understand that people are curious to know how someone could come to do such a horrible thing. If it means we all know more about what leads a person to this point and can recognise the signs of radicalisation then this is a good thing.

SuperBeagle Fri 24-Mar-17 23:54:56

He's a swine and doesn't deserve a minute of attention.

But, as with all things and all cases, it is more interesting - rightly or wrongly - to people to hear about the perpetrator and not the victims.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now