Talk

Advanced search

To ask about feeling weird after weaning baby from breastfeeding

(7 Posts)
Chattycat78 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:32:17

Looking for any experience.

I have just stopped BF my 9 month old in the last week and a half. I did it gradually,so not suddenly or anything.

However, now I feel weird. Dizzy/lightheaded. I had an awful headache (almost migraine like) and also threw up a few days ago too. I almost feel pregnant-like in the early stages when you feel awful!

However-am hoping it's not that- have done several tests and bfn, and am taking the mini pill anyway!

Is this hormones or something ?

I haven't had a period for months -think the mini pill stops those anyway.

Any experience?

Chattycat78 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:02:32

Bump....just in case anyone can help.

HempMunchingVeganBore Fri 24-Mar-17 21:53:21

Just bumping for you OP. Would be interested in the answer as I'm gradually weaning my 14 month off the boob

raisinsofwrath Fri 24-Mar-17 22:02:19

I suffer from anxiety but not that badly whilst I was BFing (2 years).

As soon as I stopped it came back with a vengeance. Must be hormone related.

ditzychick34 Fri 24-Mar-17 22:03:58

Hormones? BF is used as a form of contraception, so maybe first ovulation post partum? Are you drinking enough water now you aren't consciously milk producing?

Schmoop Fri 24-Mar-17 22:16:04

Are you sure your symptoms are related to stopping breastfeeding. I'm currently still breastfeeding my 8 month old but have had the exact same symptoms as you. I too did a pregnancy test which came back negative so I'm assuming it's just a bug

seven201 Fri 24-Mar-17 22:26:04

My friend had this. She also took pregnancy tests. Google told her it was very normal. No one warns you though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now