Talk

Advanced search

What have you said that has annoyed your partner?

(5 Posts)
Babybloooos Fri 24-Mar-17 11:06:13

I always read threads on here where DH has said something terrible like "are you on your period?" And all and sundry chime in to LTB or how they would never put up with such horrors.

It's got me wondering...nobody's perfect so what you said to your partners that, in hindsight, was completely out of line?

NC543212345 Fri 24-Mar-17 11:08:59

Not so much a sentence but I do tend to keep on repeating myself when he's done something I don't like or if I need him to remember something.
It must do his nut in but it takes him ages to snap with me that he heard it the first time I said it, and didn't need reminding another 20 times!

Babybloooos Fri 24-Mar-17 11:12:25

I should add that I confess that after a lot no tiring week when I was pregnant and crippled with morning sickness my DH burnt the dinner and I called him 'fucking thick' which is entirely unlike me and shocked him. I felt terrible and if the shoe had been on the other foot I'd have been furious. Pregnancy was not mean excuse

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 24-Mar-17 11:18:12

This week I told my partner he was a complete man child about his man flu. Well, actually I was a lot meaner than that. I'm not defending being horrible whilst he was ill, however this was the third cold he's had in three months (about 7th or 8th in 12 months) and needs to take to bed every time he has a headache/feels warm. Never tries tablets or hot drinks, or takes the multivitamins I bought. I am totally fed up of him opting out of family life whenever he has the sniffles, and told him as much. I think I used the words 'you're a disappointment', which I know is shitty.

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 24-Mar-17 11:20:04

Also when he couldn't do something and asked me to help, I managed it instantly. He sniffled 'how did you do that?', 'because I'm not a complete imbecile' I replied. It's been a difficult week....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now