Talk

Advanced search

To ask about MLM? Cos it's doing my head in on Facebook?!!

(21 Posts)
SoAngryArghh Fri 24-Mar-17 10:03:44

So I have a relative who has set up a business- selling some skin, bath products. She posts everyday about being your own boss, some shit about how it's allowed her to be a SAHM except she's on mat leave anyway now she's seeking people for her team!! The only people liking or high-fiving her so to speak are also fellow product sellers.

We're getting photos of cars and holidays - they're not hers it's what you can have if you join the business etc!

AIBU to block her?! It's doing my head in and no I don't want products to test!!

What is this cult she's been taken in by?! Will she make loads of money from it? If anything I'm concerned she's being conned?

Sunnysky2016 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:07:15

Unfollow unfollow unfollow

thetemptationofchocolate Fri 24-Mar-17 10:13:45

She will probably lose money. She is probably being conned (but then, so are the people who recruited her tbh). Timeless Vie on fb is a good place to read more about these scams.

SoAngryArghh Fri 24-Mar-17 10:19:05

I'm worried for her because she is a vulnerable person. I do hope it works out. This is so frustrating - not so much because of the daily posts but how people are conned!

JonSnowsWhore Fri 24-Mar-17 10:23:35

MLM almost never work out OP! Do you know which brand she's selling? I have them pop up on selling sites etc trying to recruit all the time & no one ever comments, makes me wonder how they're still going because a lot of people have wished up to it all now

c3pu Fri 24-Mar-17 10:35:26

Ah, MLM...

Pyramid schemes for the modern age.

HermioneJeanGranger Fri 24-Mar-17 10:39:19

I have friends who do this. They seem to post constantly but nobody ever seems to buy anything and they all still have full-time jobs elsewhere, so can't be making that much!

TheWitTank Fri 24-Mar-17 10:42:11

But Hun! You can make 50 bazillion pounds a month and drive a white Mercedes while only doing 3 hours a day and being the bestest mummy to your bubz! Why wouldn't you get involved? #bossladies

SoAngryArghh Fri 24-Mar-17 10:42:29

Yes I'm hoping she won't give up her job. Can't say brand poss too outy. It's a cream, bath washes etc quite expensive.

But Avon works - why wouldn't this?

She is in a controlling relationship with a small baby - so I'm worried really about her being vulnerable - and this isn't her way out

wettunwindee Fri 24-Mar-17 10:44:58

Avon isn't MLM.

Up to you to remove her from your social media.

She probably won't make lots of money although of course, some people do. It's like the lottery only you work fucking hard to get a ticket where you still ahve a remote chance of making much cash.

JonSnowsWhore Fri 24-Mar-17 10:46:32

Hmm I'm not clued up on them all, the only creams based one I know of is Neals Yard.

Avon products are always quite good value I find, so they're the only one I don't mind ordering from, but even they've started bloody recruiting now! Avon reps don't earn much out of each order at all so I can't see anyone making any decent money out of it. The person I know that does Avon has recently started one of the over priced candle MLM ones aswell & it doesn't look like she gets many orders from that either, she's also working full time so that goes to show you just can't make decent money out of them!

SoAngryArghh Fri 24-Mar-17 18:13:38

Think I'll just stop her posts coming up. I just worry she's been 'taken in' and probably spent a fortune on buying products she now needs to sell. They just 'big' each other up all the time. Trying to grow their own teams etc. It's not the way to make much money - I don't think

harderandharder2breathe Fri 24-Mar-17 18:18:01

Avon works because it's a well known brand, it's good value, and nobody expects to make a living from selling a few bottles of smellies to their mates.

ScarletFever Fri 24-Mar-17 18:19:53

Arbornne
Forever Aloe
Yunique

My money's on the top one

ScarletFever Fri 24-Mar-17 18:20:33

Oh actually read the op
....forever aloe

MrsCobain Fri 24-Mar-17 18:24:27

So is luluroe, scentsy, lipsense and usborne books all the same thing?

I have a friend who's become an arboronne seller and some of the ways she's trying to sell are fucking revolting. Private messaging me about how her autistic son will suffer if I don't buy these items immediately. 😡

FumBluff1 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:26:58

Avon doesn't work though does it, not really. They're OK products but they're never going to earn you a fortune.

I use scentsy, its lovely. Wouldn't ever sell it though

Edsheeranalbumparty Fri 24-Mar-17 18:45:38

It's Arbonne isn't it? Someone on my FB has been 'recruited' into this. It's really weird because she hardly ever mentions any actual products, but often goes on about the training days she has been on, and her 'sponsor' and it's all 'hun I'm so proud of you, you are going all the way to the top', and she likes all these 'network marketing gurus' who don't seem to say anything of substance. But like i said, nothing about the products.

I have a friend of a friend who is a proper Younique bot, but at least she actually raves about the products (even though everyone knows they are total shite).

SoAngryArghh Fri 24-Mar-17 19:39:02

No not arbonne. But yes the same shit as the arbonne lot it seems with the marketing and pics of holidays - but zero substance.

JonSnowsWhore Fri 24-Mar-17 19:53:52

I guarantee you she's been sucked in to spend money for some kind of 'joining kit' OP, & some of these MLM's even have a minimum amount to sell each month so you might find she's having to buy stuff then being stuck with it if she can't sell it. If you're worried about her then all you can do is try & talk to her but if she thinks it's so great you might not get through to her confused

I've got a jamberry, avon, partylite, & a chocolate MLM seller on my fb, one of the sellers is lovely & hasn't pushed anything but the other drove me mad, kept adding me to whatsapp group chats so My phone would be constantly pinging, even though I kept leaving the group chats she'd just re add me

SoAngryArghh Fri 24-Mar-17 20:53:02

Wow these are frightening !! Is there no regulation? They seem like a total con!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now