Talk

Advanced search

Horrible pro-life literature dumped on the pavement

(47 Posts)
MrsMarigold Thu 23-Mar-17 23:09:12

This afternoon, there were some pro-life leaflets littering the pavement outside our house, quite a few, they had profoundly unpleasant images. AIBU to feel furious about this? Loads of children walk down the street and they could have caused a lot of distress. Also whatever your position in this debate they were absolute propaganda. Suffice to say I threw them in the nearest bin.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 23-Mar-17 23:10:33

Yanbu to feel furious. Good for you for throwing them away.

OopsDearyMe Thu 23-Mar-17 23:12:44

I would certainly be annoyed and concerned about the kids seeing the imagery these type of things have on them, not sure abut angry tho! Its one group of people using their free speech. But they want to be fined for littering.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 23-Mar-17 23:15:29

There was a display stand in our town centre a while back, they had some tiny plastic foetus models..........of course my DD (who was little at the time) wanted to go and "Look at the dolls" sad

They launched into their talk, before I had the chance to move my DC, leaving me to explain what abortion was. (I've always given my DC honest answers when they've asked but I did feel put on the spot)

FWIW, I'm Pro-Choice.

Moanyoldcow Thu 23-Mar-17 23:18:24

People used to post them through my letterbox. One day I caught them and told them never to do it again. It's vile shock tactics and I think it shouldn't be allowed.

MrsMarigold Thu 23-Mar-17 23:19:13

I'm also pro-choice but it's not a discussion you should have to have with young children. FFS my DS (almost 6) is already stressed out today after hearing about this terrorist attack on the Today programme.

Doyouwantabrew Thu 23-Mar-17 23:20:31

I would be annoyed at the littering.

As for the content it's utter bollocks of course so i would have told my children when they were young that it was silly pictures and nonsense.

Young kids are only bothered if you look bothered so just bin/burn them.

It's horrible though op as sn adult any sane person would agree that crap like this is best disposed of.

neonrainbow Thu 23-Mar-17 23:20:59

I have no time for any pro lifers for any reason. Their propaganda is generally disgusting on many levels.

Doyouwantabrew Thu 23-Mar-17 23:48:36

Yes I mean we are all pro life but that means pro choice.

Why don't these pro life men and stupid student women/men go for adoption agencies Or help out practically with SS.

Mmmmm too much hard work and reality??? And far more fun harassing pregnant women outside clinics

Utter cunts

Notmyrealname85 Thu 23-Mar-17 23:53:17

Exactly - I don't think they realise how many of us ARE pro-life, that doesn't mean we can't be pro choice. As if people take any medical decision lightly, never mind something like this with these knobs trying to guilt trip you ugh sad

They never do seem to do much fostering either, funny that

SpitefulMidLifeAnimal Thu 23-Mar-17 23:53:23

Pro-birth more like. These sanctimonious fuckers don't give a flying fuck about the child once it's born. "

yellow6 Fri 24-Mar-17 01:27:46

you mean pictures of abortions which are not allowed to be shown because if they do peoplewill come to the relization that fetuses look like children

yellow6 Fri 24-Mar-17 01:32:29

Exactly - I don't think they realise how many of us ARE pro-life, that doesn't mean we can't be pro choice.
really you understand the fetus is a life which is a scientific fact you call yourself prolife but then say your pro choice how about a bit of intullectual honesty ah right pro choice people dont have that its her body no its not its the baby's its the mothers right to end it but there not allowed medication that might harm the baby if there pregnant. ive never heard a logical and honest pro choice argument

yellow6 Fri 24-Mar-17 01:33:51

and i have this very simple question to all pro choicers what is the diffrence between a baby in the womb and a baby out the womb?

hula008 Fri 24-Mar-17 05:53:09

"What's the diffrence between a baby in the womb and a baby out the womb?"

Well you've kind of answered your own question there hmm

Cheby Fri 24-Mar-17 06:01:12

Yellow6 a foetus inside the womb cannot survive independently. That's the difference. And thankfully the majority of us value a woman's right to bodily autonomy.

OP YANBU to feel furious, and well done for binning their disgusting propaganda. Most of it is made up bullshit in any case.

Call them anti-choicers. They don't get to hijack the term "pro-life". Not when they bomb women's health care clinics, or put fatwas on doctors, or give not the first shiny shit about the child who was born to parents who can't afford to feed it.

They don't care about life. They only care about women being slaves. They are anti-choice.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Fri 24-Mar-17 06:08:56

I've never met an intelligent and compassionate pro-lifer, and it seems today is not the day either. These loathsome people used to picket our local hospital. I used to smilingly take a heap of their leaflets and then bin them.

OhDearToby Fri 24-Mar-17 06:23:12

There were a group of about 10 pro lifers with signs outside the local maternity hospital when I went for an appointment last week. They were just outside the hospital grounds so I guess couldn't be moved on.

I was shocked at the total lack of compassion and common sense these people seem to have.

Onlyaplasticbagdear Fri 24-Mar-17 06:38:48

yellow kind of proving a point there about the intelligence levels of pro lifers?

Why does a foetus have more rights than the woman carrying it? Why should she have to go through 9 months of pregnancy, labour, and then bring an unwanted child into the world? Do you really think that child would be better off in care or adopted?

People like you make me sick. Why don't you fuck off and do something tangible to help if you're so concerned about children?

Onlyaplasticbagdear Fri 24-Mar-17 06:41:10

there not allowed medication that might harm the baby if there pregnant

Actually they take whatever medication they want. Doctors can advise them against it but they can't ban them from taking it.

If I was a smoker I could still smoke during pregnancy if I wanted to. Obviously it would be a terrible thing to do but if I wanted to do it I could,it's not illegal.

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Fri 24-Mar-17 06:44:09

If they truely want to reduce abortions then why not campaign for better support for families of young children and disabled children, which might mean more women decide to continue their pregnancy? Surely most women who plan to have an abortion still go ahead and have it, but just feel worse about it? What does that achieve?

Spudlet Fri 24-Mar-17 06:49:32

Pro-forced birthers is an accurate description, I think. Of course as a pp said, once the child is actually born they don't give a flying fuck. I read yesterday that in the States right now, the Republicans are considering removing Medicaid cover from mothers who don't have a job 60 days after giving birth while also working to make abortion less accessible.... the cognitive dissonance is impressive.

SookiesSocks Fri 24-Mar-17 06:53:44

Yellow its your kind of attitude that does more harm than good.

Tallkala Fri 24-Mar-17 06:59:40

Yanbu.

I know this debate has been done to death but one thing makes me especially angry. Why aren't all the pro lifers out fostering and adopting children needing a home? angry

It's all very well romanticising the idea of a cute little baby, protecting the unborn, ye, that's all great if you've got the means and capability to care for the child for the next 18+ years.

Funnily enough there's already thousands of children in care waiting for homes, not all adoptions and fostering arrangements work out.

Who's going to care for the wellbeing and mental health of the woman once he's either given the baby away, or left with a baby and no ability to look after it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now