Talk

Advanced search

To be upset at this comment?

(32 Posts)
imkeepingthisnamenow Thu 23-Mar-17 18:03:28

So basically just had a lovely weekend away with my DH (our first one without DD)grin

Did the sights, got very excited at everything and took lots of pictures! Perfect weekend!

So I posted my photos on Facebook in the evening and didn't look until the next day. Usual comments from friends and family, which was nice!

Then this woman who I worked with years ago posts "Didn't no you were pregnant x"

That's it! I'm not pregnant, just fat and I said so making sure to tag her in a calling her out kind of way. I made out like I was fine with it but it's really bothered me!

Was she just being a bitch? Would you post something like that if you weren't sure someone was pregnant?

sonyaya Thu 23-Mar-17 18:05:12

High risk strategy to mention pregnancy when you're not 100% sure. Without seeing a picture of you it's hard to know whether it could have been a genuine mistake - it would be extreme levels of cuntitude to put a comment like that out of spite.

Did she respond to your comment?

Either way YANBU to be upset by it.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Thu 23-Mar-17 18:06:47

Hugely inappropriate at least. A complete Wagon at best. Who would do that? hmmshock. Can you delete her comment?

AnneOfCleavage Thu 23-Mar-17 18:07:39

At best thoughtless, at worse passive aggressiveness. You know her better so do you think it was a dig in a veiled way? Either way it's made you feel awful which is never good.
See how she responds. If it's full of apologies let it go but if she says worse then go with the "at least I can lose weight but you won't be any less of a bitch".

showmeislands Thu 23-Mar-17 18:08:04

YANBU. I would have just deleted her comment rather than respond to it publicly, and have sent her a message telling her curtly that I wasn't!

CaoNiMartacus Thu 23-Mar-17 18:08:36

She sounds like a peach with her passive-aggressive 'x' and her bad spelling, not to mention the sentiment!

As the saying goes around these parts, never comment on a potential pregnancy unless the woman in question is crowning.

LittleMyLikesSnuffkin Thu 23-Mar-17 18:09:13

Delete her comment. I think it sounds bitchy. If does think you're actually pregnant it's not her place to say that when you're not announcing it and if she doesn't think you are really she's just rude and nasty.

Cubtrouble Thu 23-Mar-17 18:10:45

Did she actually write "didn't NO you were pregnant"

If so she is clearly thick and not worthy of a response. I would block her.

After two kids my belly is fat and I look like I'm pregnant- so far I've not had a comment. It is rude.

Emmageddon Thu 23-Mar-17 18:12:12

She was being a bitch. There's no way you would comment on someone's pregnancy unless you knew 100% they were pregnant + were happy for it to be acknowledged publicly.

You should have said 'don't be so bloody rude!'

Glad you had a lovely weekend away, don't let her catty comment take the shine off that.

chitofftheshovel Thu 23-Mar-17 18:12:27

Yanbu. She was being a bitch of the highest order. Please don't let her stupid, playground comment ruin your lovely time away.

It speaks volumes of her, you sound lovely.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 23-Mar-17 18:13:30

Does she "no" how rude that is? If she did think you were expecting, she would have offered congratulations surely?
Delete her from your friend list immediately and don't let it upset you.

toffeeboffin Thu 23-Mar-17 18:14:18

Sounds like she's jealous and fancied being bitchy.

ButtercupChain Thu 23-Mar-17 18:17:58

Yep defo being a bitch. No-one says that unless they know.

Delete the comments and ignore her.

ThePiglet59 Thu 23-Mar-17 18:21:35

Never assume that a woman is pregnant unless you can actually see a baby coming out of her.

troodiedoo Thu 23-Mar-17 18:22:48

Bitch on wheels. Delete!

Kitsandkids Thu 23-Mar-17 18:26:22

Did you mention being away without your child? Maybe she meant it in a 'I didn't even know you had been pregnant let alone had a child already!' kind of a way, just wasn't very good at expressing exactly what she meant?

kingscrossnoodle Thu 23-Mar-17 18:28:50

Maybe she meant it in a 'I didn't even know you had been pregnant let alone had a child already!. This was my interpretation also

imkeepingthisnamenow Thu 23-Mar-17 18:30:20

No DD is 10 so clearly she knows!!grin I know she was being a bitch and i didn't let it ruin my holiday! Thing is she has now deactivated or blocked me, the comment is still there but I can't delete it or her....yet!! Thank you for all your kind words, just off to have a salad smile

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 23-Mar-17 18:32:54

I think Kits has solved it! That seems the most plausible explanation, unless she has form for odd bitchy comments. A very ill thought out comment nonetheless.

Kitsandkids Thu 23-Mar-17 18:35:17

Well in that case, she's just rude!

TattyCat Thu 23-Mar-17 18:45:25

You don't need people like her in your life, so no great loss.

Londonsburningahhhh Thu 23-Mar-17 18:49:22

You can lose weight but she will forever be a bitch.

JustSpeakSense Thu 23-Mar-17 18:49:32

Delete the comment and block her.

What a monumental bitch, you don't need someone like that in your life.

FrenchLavender Thu 23-Mar-17 18:51:57

I doubt she was just being a bitch.

But it's a bit risky to comment on something like that when you don't know for sure that someone is pregnant and most people would have more sense. Either:

a) she's an idiot

b) you really do look pregnant

followTheyellowbrickRoad Thu 23-Mar-17 18:52:41

If the comment is there then she hasn't blocked you. So you should be able to block her and the comment should disappear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now