Talk

Advanced search

Post / deliveries AIBU

(19 Posts)
Coughandsplutter Thu 23-Mar-17 13:57:21

Toddler in house and new baby....postman has just knocked so loudly and woken toddler up. Asked him to knock a bit quieter and he got really shirty.....should I put sign up in future? He knocks so loudly it sounds like a police raid!

StandAndBeCounted Thu 23-Mar-17 13:58:43

I HATE this!! Yanbu

TotalPineapple Thu 23-Mar-17 14:00:29

Pop a sign up, I don't think he can be expected to remember the knocking preferences of each house.

Coughandsplutter Thu 23-Mar-17 14:00:57

I thought he was a nice bloke but he was really rude.

luckylucky24 Thu 23-Mar-17 14:01:09

YANBU. Unless your house is a mansion, there is no need to knock loudly.

NotTheBelleoftheBall Thu 23-Mar-17 14:01:42

YANBU this drives me I the wall too!

I always put a delivery comment of 'pls knock quietly as baby may be asleep' when the option is there at the point of making an order.

NotTheBelleoftheBall Thu 23-Mar-17 14:01:55

*up the wall

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Thu 23-Mar-17 14:04:53

I always say mine knocks like the police. He does it in a little tune though so know it's him. I was in bed ill the other dat,the cheeky fucker opened my door and left them in the house.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 23-Mar-17 14:05:05

Yabu

If he knocks quietly at other houses they won't hear and will miss deliveries. Not just mansions either confused I was in a houseshare and couldn't hear someone knock if I was in my bedroom (three story house). I have a one bed flat now with a loud buzzer that I've missed if I'm in the kitchen with the sink and washing machine going.

Put a sign up asking visitors to call your mobile number because of sleeping babies.

minipie Thu 23-Mar-17 14:14:11

Yes put a sign up.

wasonthelist Thu 23-Mar-17 14:15:38

YABU

Glossolalia Thu 23-Mar-17 14:15:42

Doorbell?

shirleycartersaidso Thu 23-Mar-17 14:18:52

We have an electric doorbell - I just unplugged it. I'd put a note up.

statetrooperstacey Thu 23-Mar-17 14:21:09

Oh dear, you have earned yourself many many trips to the collections officegrin

Snap8TheCat Thu 23-Mar-17 14:23:29

No if you've got a doorbell they do both! Ring the bell and hammer on the door immediately after 'just in case it didn't work' hmm

43percentburnt Thu 23-Mar-17 14:23:41

We often get parcels for our neighbours. One of the neighbours usually pops over about 10 minutes later to collect the parcel. I guess they are probably settling their baby so ignore the door. However that means we get disturbed twice in 10 minutes, last week all three of ours (dt aged 1 and 3 year old) woke.

I do find answering the door holding twins means door to door sellers rush off quickly!

eddiemairswife Thu 23-Mar-17 14:27:08

If you are expecting a delivery just put a note on the door.

Glossolalia Thu 23-Mar-17 14:29:55

Snap8TheCat shock my postman isn't like that at all!

StinkyMcgrinky Thu 23-Mar-17 14:31:41

YANBU. When DS2 was 6 weeks old we moved house, a few days later, after no sleep and trying to calm colicky baby, packing a very boisterous toddler off to nursery for the morning I retreated to bed with DS to try and get an hour or so before he needed feeding. At 9.15am the postman knocked and I simply didn't have the energy to get out of bed and resigned myself to walking to the collection office to pick up whatever it was (collection office is a short walk away).

Postman knocked at the door. He then knocked louder. He then used the door knocker multiple times. It went quiet and I thought he had gone on to the next house. But he then knocked on the living room window continuously until I gave up and went to the door. When he answered he said "Didn't think you were ever going to answer. It's 9.30am you know, too late to be in bed" I could have easily swung for him angry He has also pulled open the living room window and thrown post through (while we've been in!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now