Talk

Advanced search

By the staring?

(4 Posts)
HurricanePlait Wed 22-Mar-17 21:42:29

Keeping it short. A male colleague made my life hell and his girlfriend (nothing to do with cheating.) to the point where she was verbally abusing me in the street .., work couldn't do anything as he didn't actually do anything. Except sit on a bench and watch the whole thing.

A year (ish) later and I've moved departments but still walk on the same floor. I have to walk by his desk to go to toilet (he recently moved desks) and every time I walk by he just stares at me. It's not even subtle. Stops what he's doing and just follows me with his eyes. It's creepy and intimidating (stupid I know.)

Aibu to be intimidated? It's hardly something I can bring up to my manager, that this guy looks at me.

WatchingFromTheWings Wed 22-Mar-17 21:54:02

YANBU. He's intimidating you so I think your workplace should deal with him.

MrsTwix Wed 22-Mar-17 21:56:25

Actually it is something you could mention to HR, especially as he has apparently moved desks to intimidate you.

user1481140239 Wed 22-Mar-17 21:59:58

Of course you could mention it to your manager. Get her to observe from a distance so she can see for herself. that is not normal behaviour and manager should step in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now