Talk

Advanced search

Dog grooming

(10 Posts)
Jaffacakecake1234 Wed 22-Mar-17 19:11:06

Not an aibu posting for traffic, im wondering what makes you like your dog groomer???? What makes you go back

SistersOfPercy Wed 22-Mar-17 19:23:31

She's a good friend, has a dog of a similar breed, and the dog adores her. She is the only person who gets big wet face licks, he's clearly happy with her so I am.

ElsieMc Wed 22-Mar-17 19:28:44

She makes sure she does a good job of my smelly, tatty working cocker spaniel. We will be going back again as he actually looks rather slim, clean and shiny. Before he looked like Brian May.

cricketballs Wed 22-Mar-17 19:38:59

Because they know how a Springer should be groomed - my Dad used a different one once as his normal one was shut and the clipped off all the feathers on the legs angry

Jaffacakecake1234 Wed 22-Mar-17 19:41:11

Okay ill add on and what dont you like what have thry done thats pissed you off

StandardPoodle Wed 22-Mar-17 20:23:52

She has a dog of the same breed as mine, many years experience, makes a good job, and tells customers absolutely straight if she perceives any problem with their dog. (And is very reasonably priced!).

Blinkybell Wed 22-Mar-17 20:31:04

She grooms my dog properly. I've got a springer and I don't want him shaved or all his feathery bits cut off. I just want him clean and tidy. He's frightened of the clippers and the big dryers but they're super patient with him, cut him by hand and dry him with a small dryer.

Dog is happy to go there and she looks after him well.

He went to a different groomers once and they got the clippers out, despite me telling them that he was frightened and they promised they wouldn't use them. Have never been back

Materdolores Wed 22-Mar-17 20:40:43

My groomer has become my dearest friend. She looks after my dog if I have to go away for a couple of days. She likes gin.

isseywithcats Wed 22-Mar-17 21:05:42

only ever had one dog who needed grooming he was a cairn terrier and what i liked about the groomer i used was he used to go in looking like gnasher the dog belonging to dennis the mennis and came out clean, smelling georgous and tidy and though he hated all other dogs and would go hell for leather at me if i so much as brought out a comb, he would be well behaved and let her at him with the clippers and didnt go for other dogs when he was there, he dided ten years ago and i still miss him and our trips to the groomers

redpriestandmozart Wed 22-Mar-17 21:08:47

She works from home, she is passionate about what she does, works with nervous dogs, dogs that stress in shops. She is kind, she buys the very best of shampoos. She never cage dries the dogs, works one to one and absolutely loves what she does. I would ditch my hairdresser quicker than my groomer..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now