Talk

Advanced search

To think my neighbours out of order parking related!)

(30 Posts)
missmove38 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:23:46

And I would add a diagram!! How do I do this?
I've only lived in my new house 5 weeks and had nothing but grief off my neighbours who are all old and clearly very set in there ways.
Yesterday I parked my car opposite a neighbour 2 down and she came out and gave me a right mouthful. My builder had parked in my space and I was only going to be 2 mins and she was straight round being rude.
Just to add it's a quiet secluded dead end so no emergency situation that she needed to move me so rudely..

Suggestions on how I write 'I'm a new neighbour and think you are very rude'?
She is in cahoots with my immediate next door neighbour who also thinks she owns the land opposite and cones it all off??
My builder tried to make light of it as saw what she was like but she was also rude to him then to a friend of mine later on.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:26:43

'Oh sorry i didn't know you owned the road. My mistake.'
And walk off.
My neighbour went batshit when I parked outside her house as I blocked the light-she herself doesn't even park there. . Blocks ndn light instead!!

ChoudeBruxelles Wed 22-Mar-17 14:26:54

Just park if on a public road and ignore them

Mo55chop5 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:34:30

Anytime someone has started being obnoxious with me I find that butting in and asking "excuse me, who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" Usually stops them dead in their tracks

Follow that up with " when you're ready to behave like an adult rather than a fucking moron, get back to me" then walk away smiling

Quimby Wed 22-Mar-17 14:37:46

Just ignore or a simple "fuck off"

emmyrose2000 Thu 23-Mar-17 06:07:38

My neighbour went batshit when I parked outside her house as I blocked the light-she herself doesn't even park there

Your neighbour sounds crazy! Does she live in a little underground burrow with only a sliver of light right next to the roadway? grin hmm

I'm now imagining her house plunging into darkness each time a vehicle dares to drive past her house.

ChuckDaffodils Thu 23-Mar-17 06:43:22

I wouldn't write anything. I'd park where I could and if she says anything again I'd say 'Unless you own the road, legally I can park anywhere. I will always attempt to park outside my own house - that's a given, however if there are no spaces, I'll park elsewhere. Like any normal person would. Good day to you' and walk off.

InfiniteSheldon Thu 23-Mar-17 06:47:54

I moved to a lovely quiet cul de sac a couple of years ago and if I can't park in my drive because of builders or skips I park a bit further away as those neighbours (mainly elderly) without drives like to park in their own spots. It's not a hardship.

MrsExpo Thu 23-Mar-17 07:32:04

I agree with the others who say just park anywhere safe and legal. They'll get used to it. Did the previous residents at your house have a car? If so, where did they park?

Also, check with the land registry about who does actually own the coned off area.

luckylucky24 Thu 23-Mar-17 07:45:14

I would do it more often. Just to piss her off and then walk passed with no acknowledgement as she starts to rant at you.

missmove38 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:00:55

Thanks for the replys.

Sorry was rushing and didn't explain v well.

So there are 5 town houses (we each park under our houses) then adjacent to the houses is land. The next door lady and said woman friend next door to her has coned off part opposite their house that they 'want to use' I parked along side said cones for 5 mins. Yesterday I couldn't park at all but the other side I can park their way so I had to move the cones across a bit which are weighed down with stones..I can see she's put it back?!
I haven't said anything but think she's bloody rude.
Lets hope she never needs a favour one day that's alll!

TheStoatIsStoatallyDifferent Thu 23-Mar-17 08:07:40

I'm pretty sure you are in the right but a diagram would help!

Hint hint!

missmove38 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:36:51

Attached!
So my house is the x..the side to the left of this is taken by the other side with their 4 cars..

blueskyinmarch Thu 23-Mar-17 08:42:48

So the land opposite the houses is free for general parking? I assume you park nose in? I cannot for the life of me see why the neighbour needs to put cones out. Is there a massive shortage of general parking?

ems137 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:45:31

Just ignore them and continue parking in the most convenient space. Sometimes that will be your house, sometimes a neighbours.

We had this same problem a few years ago, our neighbours opposite clearly "owned" the 7 foot space in front of their house and when we parked outside our own home it meant they had to park a few feet further back. We had abuse shouted at us, police called on US when THEY blocked the road, eggs thrown at the car etc etc.

ShowMePotatoSalad Thu 23-Mar-17 08:49:10

Some people enjoy starting trouble whenever they can. Your neighbour sounds like one of them.

I take it there are no parking restrictions on the road? She can't enforce parking restrictions herself. She may own her home but she doesn't own the road outside it. I'd have just said "and a good evening to you too!" then walked off.

RaspberryOverloadsOnChilli Thu 23-Mar-17 08:50:43

OK, so, who actually owns that bit of land opposite the houses? Is any of it on your deeds? As unless your ndn owns any of it, she can't cone it off.

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Thu 23-Mar-17 08:51:00

Have you asked who owns the land and why she's coned it off?

HelenaGWells Thu 23-Mar-17 09:11:11

You need to find out who owns that land. If it's council land it's free for all and they can't just cone it off.

chocolateworshipper Thu 23-Mar-17 09:20:35

did someone say "parking thread"?

missmove38 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:23:15

It's coned off apparently to stop workers from town coming and parking which I can understand. However she never uses it and rarely goes out by the looks of it so is being childish. I don't know re deeds as rent and haven't been here that long.

WhatchaMaCalllit Thu 23-Mar-17 09:23:33

Chocolate - they did!

Here have some popcorn, it could get interesting smile

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Thu 23-Mar-17 09:31:22

If she doesn't own the land just tell her that you have every right to park there and that she is welcome to contact the council or whoever she likes to confirm that. If she persists tell her that you consider her behaviour to be harassment.

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Thu 23-Mar-17 09:34:22

You could also consider getting the local community police officer to have a wors if things get stupid.

chocolateworshipper Thu 23-Mar-17 10:15:29

Thanks watcha - just the right amount of salt, too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now