Talk

Advanced search

Antidepressants and sleeping tablets

(1 Post)
Sleeplessinguiltyness Tue 21-Mar-17 22:42:14

Not really an AIBU more a concern.

I'm on fluoxetine and have got on fine with it for a while, but lately, lots going on and struggled to sleep.

Last night DH suggested a sleeping tablet as he used to be prescribed Promethazine and had some laying around I know I know I should have spoke to gp first, believe me I feel stupid now, but I was so so desperate for a good night's sleep

Anyway, I was soooo tired when I woke up this morning, and have felt utterly exhausted today at work, I has to drag myself in, finished early and genuinely didn't think I'd be able to stay awake all day. I also felt like I wasn't really "with it", drunk almost, bloody horrible

Got home and slept for hour and a half but could have gone much longer

Now 24hrs later I still don't feel "myself"

Clearly I will NEVER do this again, but can't help but worry I've really messed my body up taking fluoxetine and Promethazine together.

Had a Google but all I could find is general points that they interact and may increase effect of fluoxetine. Why then do I feel so awful? I can't face another day like today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now