Talk

Advanced search

To think the "zips" on bags of peas are the work of the devil? (lighthearted)

(44 Posts)
purplecoathanger Tue 21-Mar-17 19:12:21

They drive me insane. I tear the top off, as instructed, then I try and open the damn things. It doesn't matter which way I slide the "zip" the bag steadfastly remains tightly closed. It drives me nuts. I freely admit that this type of thing is my nemesis, you lot probably open the pack easily and dish up your Michelin starred meals without even breaking into a sweat.

Anyone have the same problem? Any other packaging drive you to despair?

BeeFarseer Tue 21-Mar-17 19:15:04

Wait, what? There are zips on peas? I must be buying cheap peas. I cut a corner off, then use a freezer clip to seal.

Bubble packaging, that hard plastic shell around things. I hate that. It's impossible to get into even if you cut it open, and you risk severing a finger trying to pull it open.

landoflostcontent Tue 21-Mar-17 19:18:45

Yes, me grin Maybe if I could open the pack easily I could also serve up Michelin starred meals instead of the abominations I produce. Also thwarted by Dreamies cat treats snap and seal closure (while my grandcat sits by, tapping a paw impatiently)

60sname Tue 21-Mar-17 19:20:43

I want to read a serious pea zip thread

MrsWembley Tue 21-Mar-17 19:21:44

What is this magic of which you speak? Peas with a zip?? Whatever next!shock

My nemesis is that bag of pasta in the cupboard. It says it has an easy seal sticky bit, but that only works if the side hasn't split all the fucking way down a bit...

Heyheyheygoodbye Tue 21-Mar-17 19:23:08

Decant them into a big ziploc! Or even into smaller ones in portions like Anthea Turner shock

EyeStye Tue 21-Mar-17 19:23:35

Resealable cheese never fucking reseals
I fuck up the tin foil everytime and get it hopelessly tangled with only a tiny bit at the end of the roll unrolling properly.
I have never bought a pack of peas with a zip. I cut off the corner and reseal by tying up with a hairband

Xmasbaby11 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:25:15

Ooh yes we get the zipped peas. I can open them fine but what I can't do is peel open resealable packs of ham. Have to stab it with a knife then put cling on it to keep fresh.

Gives me the rage every time.

littlefrog3 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:26:49

They are great! If you tear the strip off OK! If not, it can make things a bit awkward.

If it IS done properly, I don't generally have a problem.

littlefrog3 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:28:02

The cheese is touch and go too. Sometimes it works and seals and reseals fine. Sometimes it doesn't work out, and I have to cut the fucker open, and put it in a food bag!

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Mar-17 19:28:22

Work of the devil. Mine still end up everywhere, on the floor mostly.
Hate these flash bags.

MrsPeterDoherty Tue 21-Mar-17 19:29:00

Zips on bags of peas is a ludicrous contribution to the destruction of the environment. There is no need whatsoever for the extra plastic and manufacturing process.

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Mar-17 19:29:46

Its just bollocks.

ThreeLeggedHaggis Tue 21-Mar-17 19:31:36

Really? I think they're great - never had an issue with them!

Now, those plastic cheese packets that can supposedly be zipped... those never zip right.

Bitchfromhell Tue 21-Mar-17 19:32:40

Whoever invented the packaging for toothbrushes is as thick as mince. If my fingers are cut to ribbons trying to get at the fucking toothbrush, I can't clean my teeth can I?

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:36:49

Cling film, only clings to itself confused

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Mar-17 19:46:31

Cling film and i hate each other. Its awful stuff.

Dixiebell Tue 21-Mar-17 19:47:30

Any ready meal with a corner that you pull on to peel off the film. The corner just breaks off and you have to use a knife to get into the packet. Every time. Also milk bottle lids, the seal over the hole. Similarly often break off instead of peeling requiring a knife (and much swearing).

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Mar-17 19:50:21

Those little covers on the milk, they are out to get me!

Astro55 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:54:35

I am with you on the zip bag of peas !! Bloody thing is frozen and won't budge!

I dislike the orange juice with a small silver foil pull!! Or milk white coves that don't come all the way off and the teens who leave it like that

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Mar-17 19:57:09

Astro, i have teens that do this! They are not aware of the peas problem however

HelenaGWells Tue 21-Mar-17 20:05:56

Peas are peas and ours are Tesco value. I open them with a pair of scissors. I've never seen zips on packets of peas, not even when Upgrade to Tesco own brand...

purplecoathanger Tue 21-Mar-17 20:07:12

Yes cheese bags, don't get me started on them! What exactly is the point? And toothbrush packing, what's that all about? Why do they make it so damn difficult to get the toothbrush out?

Astro55 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:07:24

They are not aware of the peas problem however

Keep them in the dark for now......

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Mar-17 20:10:27

To be fair, its only the big bags of birds eye peas that have these zips. The smaller ones dont.
They end up on the bottom of the freezer basket regardless. Im just crap at being tidy in the freezer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now