Talk

Advanced search

Complaining about pointless things

(18 Posts)
enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:03:57

Aibu to feel fed up with people complaining about really boring things? (haha - maybe I'm one of them here!?).

My facebook seems full of people: moaning about their day being ruined as they have to dry their washing inside, the Tesco delivery came 20 minutes late, it was raining on the school run etc. I have un-followed many people!

And it's not just online, but in real life too. I feel like people can just be so negative about really minor things, and it brings me down after having conversations with them.

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 21-Mar-17 17:06:36

I used to work in retail. My days were full of people moaning about pointless things, things I could rarely do anything about.
I think some people just like to have a bit of a moan.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 21-Mar-17 17:07:20

I read this an artical on FB which has this headline the other day. It seemed appropriate grin

Are You Always Feeling Stressed, Tired & Run Down? You Could Be A Moany Cunt

MaidOfStars Tue 21-Mar-17 17:09:30

I even be bothered to dedicate the headspace to worry about big things, let alone whether my package is going to be delivered or taken to a depot.

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:09:52

I agree, I think it's just conversation for some people. I just find it so boring!

I used to work in the corner shop as a teen, where we obviously served the same people a lot (most of them lovely). But when it came to the weather, it was either too hot, too cold, or didn't ' know what it was doing'. This constant conversation got very tiring.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 21-Mar-17 17:10:03

*Articale in full*:

BEINGconstantly stressed, tired and run down can cause you problems.Butwhy do you feelwreckedall the time? Well, according to groundbreaking new research, you could be a moany cunt.

Luckily, you’re not alone. Chronic tiredness is one of the most common reasons people go to their GP, with many moany cunts going undiagnosed for most of theiradult life.

“It wasn’t until I toldthedoctor my symptoms that he finally sent me for tests,” moany cunt Doris Regan explains, “they tested me for everything, including anaemia, gluten intolerance and even TB, but once they found out that I was actually a moany cunt, my life turned aroundfor the better and I was able to embrace the condition, instead of worrying about it. Since then, I’ve been able to moan freely, all I want, without ever having to explain myself to anyone”.

Of course, feeling exhausted or run down could be down to the breakneck pace of our 24/7 lifestyle, but, adds ProfessorTerry Tobin, aDublin basedGP: ‘Doctors must not exclude the simple possibility of being amoany cunt.’

He explains: ‘A lot of moany cunts believe that being tired is due to an underlying medical problem, but this is rarely the case. People love to fucking moan about every little thing wrong with them, and this goes mostly undiagnosed as doctors are not truthful enough with their patients.’

Experts believe that one in every five people in Ireland has some form of moany cuntism and they should talk to their GP if they want to find out more about the condition.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 21-Mar-17 17:11:56

I might have a moan about the fact that I clearly don't know how to spell the word 'Article' blush

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:12:44

Haha grin

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:14:30

I guess I just think you can let something really minor ruin your day, or just laugh/sigh and get on with it!

Scrubba Tue 21-Mar-17 17:14:47

God I know sooo many Moany Cunts. After reading that I feel like I'm perfectly qualified to diagnose them instantly to their Moany Cunt faces 😂

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:19:01

Scrubba - you should! (not that I would ever dare to!)

I wish I could just tell people to shut up sometimes.

QuiteChic Tue 21-Mar-17 17:28:33

My DM has been complaining for the last 57 years that my DD never wipes his feet !

Scrubba Tue 21-Mar-17 17:32:23

Joking aside op, it's so annoying when people are really negative all the time. My mum does it, greets everything you say with a negative nancy attitude. It makes me really aware of myself when I'm talking so I don't slip into it too.

veiledsentiments Tue 21-Mar-17 17:37:18

My MIL is here with us at the moment until the bloody 11th of May. She is complaining about the mosque going off 5 times a day. As it always has and always did in the 40 feckin years you lived here.

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:45:41

Haha! It does get so draining though doesn't it?

I find my family can be quite negative, and I could be too until I met Dh who is very positive. My parents will treat themselves to a fancy meal out, but when I ask if they've had a nice time it's "the chair was a bit uncomfortable", "it could have been better", "the air con was a bit cold" for example.

I think Dh has taught me over the years to just brush off minor inconveniences in life, rather than dwelling on them. For example, dd has a stomach bug and both of her cot sheets and mattress protectors have been washed and are still wet (no tumble drier). They will either be dry soon, or we will improvise and used blankets instead. It really isn't the end of the world.

SugarLoveHeart Tue 21-Mar-17 17:49:42

They have nothing going on in their lives! I opened FB once to find that someone had posted a pic of dog poo on their drive. Lots of like-minded folk commented. I couldn't believe it... Until I turned on the radio & guess what the topic was? The neighbours dog in your garden! People literally talking shit.

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 17:57:47

Oh my gosh!

I think I'm a nice person, but people can really be so tedious. Today a friend posted on Facebook that she had to dry her washing inside, as someone had a fire outside. My first thought was "who cares?", but apparently the dozen people who commented did.

enchantmentandlove Tue 21-Mar-17 18:00:56

Oh yes - not a dangerous fire or anything, we live near some farm land.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now