Talk

Advanced search

To pour an entire bottle of breastmilk on my sleepy baby?

(271 Posts)
Iwasjustabouttosaythat Tue 21-Mar-17 14:50:16

Because I am so sleep deprived I forgot to put the lid on? I just put it to her lips and poured it all over her. Poor little thing.

And how many cups of tea can you make by pouring cold water over your tea? 3 in a row? Sigh.

Anyone care to share stupid things they've done due to sleep deprivation? Make me feel better about my wet, smelly baby.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Tue 21-Mar-17 14:54:47

Put DH's important papers (that I'd offered to print for him) in the fridge and a lump of cheese in his bag. He didn't find out till he arrived at the meeting and went to distribute handouts... luckily his colleagues were amused, they all know me and were aware I was extremely unwell with morning sickness and so operating on autopilot.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Tue 21-Mar-17 14:54:49

Went shopping and bought a can of dog food I don't remember picking up...We didn't even have a dog.

BrickInTheWall Tue 21-Mar-17 14:56:02

Well if it makes you feel better, breastmilk is supposed to be good for their skin.. my midwife recommended using it to clear baby acne.

I used to put everything in the fridge. Remote controls, teddies, clothes, freshly made cups of tea 🙈 My older kids thought it was hilarious.

Hope you get some sleep soon OP! flowers

Whatsername17 Tue 21-Mar-17 14:56:16

You are doing well not to cry over the spilt milk there! Expressing is hard going. My dh put the kettle into the cup cupboard the other day. He doesn't remember doing it. I think I deserve a medal for not punching him when he moans that he is 'so tired he can't function' when I'm the one up in the night bfing an 8 weeks old baby!

Buglife Tue 21-Mar-17 14:56:56

I also chucked a full bottle of milk over my baby's face once in the middle of the night. Poor thing! What a shock it must have been.

fuzzywuzzy Tue 21-Mar-17 14:57:44

Aww you poor thing. Sleep deprivation is the absolute worst, I can't now remember anything but I'm sure I did much crazier stuff when mine were newborns.

Actually I remember one time (or rather one of the many times), I went to shake the bottles and hadn't screwed down the lid properly and managed to cover everything with milk.
And it wasn't just the once, it was several times.
Then having to clear up and re-make the damn bottle.

I feel your pain.

Camomila Tue 21-Mar-17 14:58:22

There you go, you haven't just poured milk over your baby you've given her a lovely nourishing beauty treatment smile

I also make myself many cold cups of coffee in the mornings. I've taken to just microwaving it.

LilacSpatula Tue 21-Mar-17 14:58:29

Yep I've done the bottle one too. DH had a go at me but he's since done it twice himself. I've not done it again!

SmallBee Tue 21-Mar-17 14:58:43

I almost put the kettle in the bin and attempted to fill a banana peel up with water to boil.

I forgot the name for butterfly and said ' flap flap ' instead.

BaggypantsCrimplesnitch Tue 21-Mar-17 14:59:38

I can't be the only person who's answered the doorbell with a boob hanging out? New baby, hadn't settled into a daytime routine yet let alone a night time one, was feeding allll the time, had just attempted to put DC down for a nap, and was so used to having one breast or the other uncovered it didn't occur to me there was anything amiss...

artistictemperament Tue 21-Mar-17 15:01:54

Two things - put electric kettle on gob and lit hob and also put dishwasher tablet into on hob coffee maker- only noticed when blue bubbles gurgled up.... hmm

artistictemperament Tue 21-Mar-17 15:02:16

ahem - hob, not gob.

duxb Tue 21-Mar-17 15:13:44

I once put milk in the washing machine and washing detergent in a brew.

Thankfully I noticed before I turned the washer on

user1471518295 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:14:45

I made a cheese sandwich without the cheese last week. I ate two quarters before I realised. My son is 16 (years) in August ...

wherethewildrosesgrow Tue 21-Mar-17 15:16:24

yes ive done the one breast hanging out thing too, it was to the postman, I told myself 'i'm sure he's encountered far worse'

Bambamrubblesmum Tue 21-Mar-17 15:17:31

Put scissors in sterilising box and almost blew up microwave blush

EpoxyResin Tue 21-Mar-17 15:18:38

Dp used to work away when ds was very small, so night times were all me. In between the full time job. One night I put ds's lack of sleep down to teething so got out the Calpol to administer... with the light off... which resulted in a whole bottle of Calpol over the bed. And ds. And me.

By morning I'd forgotten all about it until I turned up at work and noticed the back of my head was a tangled matt of hair stuck together with sticky strawberry Calpol!

I also got half way to work before realising I was driving in my slippers. More than once.

In the very early days I would inevitably forget that feeding ds on one boob would mean the other would leak all over him whilst he fed (cross cradle hold). So not only did I feed him every 2 hours through the night, I also had to completely change his clothes every 2 hours as well!!

spiderlight Tue 21-Mar-17 15:18:44

grin at 'flap flap'. I recently called a caterpillar a spaghetti confused

My classic was coming in with the dogs through the back gate, hearing the bin lorry approaching at the front, hanging two bags of poo neatly on the lead hook and running out to put the leads in the bin before it was emptied.

Outbackshack Tue 21-Mar-17 15:24:10

Made my coffee in a baby bottle and baby milk in my coffee cup....almost drank the milk but noticed at last second!

Timetogrowup2016 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:24:20

Hope u get some sleep soon op 😀

theAntsareMyFriends Tue 21-Mar-17 15:26:33

I forgot to put a skirt on. I'd put tights and top on then just left the house. I remember feeling quite pleased I'd remembered my coat and then realised I was skirtless. Luckily I was driving so could drive back home and rectify the situation.

I've also lost count of the number of times I've got into the show with either my socks, bra or knickers still on.

theAntsareMyFriends Tue 21-Mar-17 15:27:02

shower not show!

user1487450864 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:27:55

I think our brains are forever frazzled once we have kids mine are 15 & 18

Made BLTs a few months ago. Went to wash the grill pan up - there was all the bacon
Made a roast dinner last week. Half way through my DS said " Didn't I see you carving a roast chicken up ? " Yep we were only eating the veggies !

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Tue 21-Mar-17 15:29:17

This is making me feel much better! There are some very good ones.

I also have a bad sleepy habit of shoveling the last mouthful of food into DPs mouth instead of DS. He doesn't seem to notice what's going on at first, then the realization he's living with a very odd woman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now