Talk

Advanced search

Sick child AIBU?

(16 Posts)
Wanttobeanon123 Tue 21-Mar-17 14:33:28

Just turned up to a class with my pre school child. Another parent has come with her child but also bought an older child. The older child is off school sick, she explained that the child had a temp and was sick on Sunday evening so can't go to school (it's Tuesday now)

As much as I would hate to see any kid miss out on a fun class, AIBU to think she should not have bought a child that's too sick for school (the 48 sick rule is there for a reason) to this class with lots of small kids??

DesignedForLife Tue 21-Mar-17 15:19:15

YANBU. If the kid isn't well enough for school then they shouldn't be around other kids.

Bellerophon Tue 21-Mar-17 15:43:20

You are not being unreasonable - what a selfish lady.

broodylady123 Tue 21-Mar-17 18:24:05

Yanbu if child is contagious.
Yabu if child is not, (I for example couldn't go to school for six weeks after an op as a child and within days I felt lots better school wouldn't let me go!)

Beansonapost Tue 21-Mar-17 18:31:17

YANBU...

But where and how did she manage to buy this child?

Motherof3beautfulgirls Tue 21-Mar-17 20:17:05

YANBU.

I wouldn't be happy if my child got sick because of this.

Schooldramabannana Tue 21-Mar-17 23:03:35

Sometimes you have no choice
I can't imagine ringing school saying my child can't come in today, who is fine and well as his brother / sister isn't!

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 21-Mar-17 23:05:53

Yanbu at all - I'd have said something

Ameliablue Tue 21-Mar-17 23:06:30

But this wasn't school, it was a preschool class so the parent should have stayed away with her sick child.

Trb17 Tue 21-Mar-17 23:09:22

@Beansonapost gringrin

Ankleswingers Tue 21-Mar-17 23:10:40

It's disgusting. Having just had a child in hospital with severe dehydration and dangerously low blood sugar levels due to having caught a sick bug from his classmates, pure selfishness over such issues makes my blood boil. Many arseholes parents send them
In whilst still unwell and it's unbelievably irresponsible.

YANBU at all.

Ankleswingers Tue 21-Mar-17 23:13:08

Of course the parents should have stayed away.

Let's face it- she certainly couldn't give a fuck about her own child so clearly isn't going to be worried about anyone else's.

Where is common sense?

Madness.shock

Schooldramabannana Wed 22-Mar-17 00:33:53

But would you be saying the same when it is primary scool rather than pre school??

Sunshineandlaughter Wed 22-Mar-17 07:07:57

School - it was an optional parent-child class not school - you have completely misunderstood

NapQueen Wed 22-Mar-17 07:09:50

The kid was sick sunday eve and presumably not again since. Yabu.

Canyouseethis Wed 22-Mar-17 07:10:30

If this was Tuesday (am?) and the child hadn't been sick since Sunday night then I wouldn't be too worried. It would have been 36h?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now