Talk

Advanced search

Center parcs cleanliness

(7 Posts)
countingdown2gin Tue 21-Mar-17 13:25:20

Ok I'm not one to complain to people but do you think this warrants talking to customer service?

Staying at center parcs longleat for a week. Apartment is tidy yes but not the cleanest I've come across. Now aibu but these are the things we've found:

Massive cobwebs (not a days worth of webbing!) in two rooms.
Massive wet patch in toilet
Damp/mould patch on bathroom wall (annoyingly I wiped it off should have left as proof)
Bluetac on the kitchen unit left from last person
Muddy water patches on the bathroom floor

And I've just found a contact lens (in its packet) and old coat hangers from the previous people under a chair.

Like I say I don't complain normally but center parcs isn't cheap at the best time I don't really think I should be cleaning previous guests mess up!

Would you complain?

soapboxqueen Tue 21-Mar-17 13:27:43

Yes. Just give customer services a ring and say you think your room could do with another clean. They'll send someone round.

I got free chocolates last time too

TumsMet Tue 21-Mar-17 14:12:17

What soapbox said. It isn't the end of the world and it's easily remedied.

Hillarious Tue 21-Mar-17 14:14:19

Complain whilst they still have an opportunity to rectify the situation. It's only fair.

Florrick Tue 21-Mar-17 15:08:35

We went (Nottingham) about 10 years ago after a re-furb and it was fine.

Went back five years later and it was cleanish but everything was broken or had bit missing. The front of the TV was missing, coat hooks missing from the wall but the screw holes still there, the oven was filthy and the whole place was generally in need of an update.

As we spent a small fortune we felt they were taking the piss and never went back.

I really don't understand how the place is so expensive and it is always full - where is the profit going as it certainly isn't in upkeep.

KittysMyName Tue 21-Mar-17 16:18:58

Complain! When we were at Longleat a few years ago my then 3 year old found a lighter and a tablet under her bed!! 😳 Thank god she showed me her "treasure"!! The kitchen was also filthy. They came and cleaned and gave us a card and box of chocolates. But I'm still appalled at the lighter and tablet - shudder to think what might/could have happened...

Ecureuil Tue 21-Mar-17 16:20:32

Yes let them know. We went to longleat in October and ours was spotless, I guess it depends what cleaner you get.
Definitely let them know so they have a chance to rectify as to find out who's at fault.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now