Talk

Advanced search

to cancel my dentist appointment again?

(6 Posts)
DiamondIntRuff Tue 21-Mar-17 08:51:23

I have a dentist appointment today at 11 for multiple fillings. I feel sick with terror just thinking about it. Last time I went it felt like I was being tortured. I already cancelled last week as I just couldn't face it. Been awake most of the night thinking about it, I really hate being lay down with my mouth clamped open and two people hovering over me injecting and drilling my gums/teeth. The cavities don't even hurt they just look unsightly. AIBU to cancel?

cautiousoptimist1 Tue 21-Mar-17 09:07:45

YANBU for being nervous but YWBU to cancel this late.

I hate going to the dentist too and have sleepless nights beforehand but my anxiety about it is always worse than the actual treatment. Explain your anxiety to the dentist and tell them what they need to do to help you feel more in control (I raise my left hand if I need a moment and she stops everything).

Please go for it, it will be worth it in the long run.

mustiwearabra Tue 21-Mar-17 09:11:00

You poor sod. I'm exactly the same as you and eventually found a lovely dentist who offers nasal sedation. He's lovely and incredibly patient. You just snort the liquid and five minutes later you're having a party in your head. It might be worth asking if they offer this or searching for another dentist who does?

HermioneJeanGranger Tue 21-Mar-17 09:13:30

If you cancel this late, you might be liable to pay anyway.

Please go. I know it can be unpleasant and scary but having to have fillings is so much better than having your teeth removed or having root canal.

I really don't think it's worth risking your oral health.

GissASquizz Tue 21-Mar-17 09:15:27

They don't hurt now, but they will if left. Get thee to the dentist.

Meekonsandwich Tue 21-Mar-17 16:08:42

Dont cancel!!!!! Just get it over with now instead of another week of agony awaiting for it!! Maybe in future do what my dentist fobic mum does and get the first appointment of the day so there's less time for fretting and it's over and done with sooner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now