Talk

Advanced search

To Start a Thread of Fake Posts

(8 Posts)
CircleofWillis Tue 21-Mar-17 08:32:53

Home sick and bored out of my mind I've been daydreaming about scenarios I'd like mnetters opinions on. Not real situations just thoughts along the the lines of "What if ...?" Does anyone else imagine fake situations or is it just me? Add your scenarios below. Just preface them with "What if?" so we know they are not to be taken seriously. Feel free to respond to any that tickle your fancy.

Bellerophon Tue 21-Mar-17 08:34:41

www.onlinecounsellingservice.co.uk/

fruitbats Tue 21-Mar-17 08:35:36

grin

IamWendy Tue 21-Mar-17 08:38:25

Start a brass neck thread! They always keep me amused smile

Maudlinmaud Tue 21-Mar-17 08:39:57

Would that not be trolling? grin

CircleofWillis Tue 21-Mar-17 08:44:42

What if?
My sister is in her mid 40s and split up from a very LTR 4 years ago. After much persuading she has started online dating. She has been chatting to several men and is planning to meet up with her current top runner in a few days. She is getting really excited and keeps saying how much they have in common. She has 2 degrees, a good job and her own home. The guy she is about to meet up with has 3 kids, no degree and has been unemployed for 2 years. He split up from his partner a few months ago and seems to be sleeping on his mother's sofa. I'm not sure what they have in common. He is 12 years younger than her so they won't even have cultural references to share. My sister has never been on the online dating scene so I'm worried she has an unrealistic expectation of what men are after. I think she likes the fact that he has children and he is also very good looking if that is really his picture. WIBU to burst her bubble a bit by suggesting she be careful as many guys online are after one night stands and that he might be interested in her as she is solvent and has her own home?

CircleofWillis Tue 21-Mar-17 08:46:29

Belle are you suggesting I need counselling? I think I probably just need another dose of lemsip.

CircleofWillis Tue 21-Mar-17 08:48:20

Maud I'm hoping that by being really blatant about it I'll get away with it. Hence my suggestion of "What if?".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now