Talk

Advanced search

To be worried?

(6 Posts)
pinotnoirismyjam Mon 20-Mar-17 20:35:57

Sorry - posted in the conception thread and no advice.

My period is now 11 days late (!) when it is normally extremely regular and even when a day or two late with the full flow I've had spotting/traces of blood. This month I got the usual PMS-y build-up, but not even a hint of a period. 2 pregnancy tests (one at 7 days late and one at 10 days late) have been negative so far.

Have I been testing too early? Is this normal/possible? My period has never been anywhere near this late before! I also am aware that stress can play a part, but i work a stressful job and have never been more than two days late, hence the worry! My period is usually ridiculously reliable.

pinotnoirismyjam Mon 20-Mar-17 20:51:54

To be clear, i'm not TTC so not looking for reassurance that i'm PG!

Maybe go to the drs?
You could be pregnant but you might not be.

pinotnoirismyjam Mon 20-Mar-17 20:56:08

I just don't want to waste their time. My period has never let me down like this before, and NHS advice is not to seek medical help until yyou've missed three periods!

Liska Mon 20-Mar-17 20:59:43

I've had this before when I've been really stressed or run down (or underweight). Had all the usual premenstrual symptoms, but then just no period. I wouldn't worry if I were you. If the tests are negative just wait till next month and try to stay calm!

pinotnoirismyjam Mon 20-Mar-17 21:14:32

Thanks - that's reassuring! I've never been let down by my period before, but I'll try and relax about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now