Talk

Advanced search

Yet another parking one...

(5 Posts)
thedcbrokemybank Mon 20-Mar-17 20:33:36

We live on a fairly busy but slow main road. Our drive is opposite a bus stop with pull in. Bus stop is marked with yellow lines. We have a dropped kerb for access to our drive and road markings to indictate it. Quite often people will park over the markings. The drive is quite a sharp turn so parking on the markings reduces our visibility and also means we have to go across both lanes in order to reverse in. Oncoming traffic will often just edge into the bus stop rather than waiting for us to finish our manoeuvre. For last week a car has been parking directly opposite our driveway in the bus stop. They will often stay there for a number of hours. Today we had a double whammy of someone parking over the markings and then also parking in the bus stop. This meant I blocked the traffic as i had to wait until there was a gap on the opposite side of the road as I needed cross over onto that lane. I went out to leave a note on both cars, however the car parked in the bus stop had a badge with a wheel chair on it. It wasn't a blue disabled badge though. I didn't leave a note in the end but would I be unreasonable to??
I have attached a diagram so you can see what I mean!

Tigger1986 Mon 20-Mar-17 23:15:45

If they park in the bus stop where does the bus go? Are they putting a fake disabled badge in their windscreen? I would leave a note as it's inconsiderate but could you also ring the council to see if they can do anything?

TheMaddHugger Mon 20-Mar-17 23:18:02

Here in Oz, It's illegal to park in a Bus stop

Good Diagram.

Chloe84 Mon 20-Mar-17 23:39:10

You can't use a blue badge in a bus stop, let alone a fake orange one. Definitely call the council.

Lovely diagram.

Hippee Mon 20-Mar-17 23:39:43

On the police website it says that you can't park at a bus stop during the hours of operation (even with a blue badge).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now