Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit miffed about this?

(6 Posts)
JonesMalone Mon 20-Mar-17 12:55:32

I could be bvu about this but I'm not sure.
I'm a Mother of a toddler who was at nursery today. I had a call saying he wasn't very well. I asked what was up and was told he had a fever and was not himself. They'd stripped him off to reduce the temp but stressed that he was very upset and crying, needed to be cuddled a lot, wasn't his happy self.
I felt awful but asked if they could give him calpol (I've had a lot of time off work due to illness recently).
Anyway, 10 min later they call again to say temp hasn't gone down and he refused calpol.
I go to collect him and a different lady tells me how he was fine all morning then burst in to tears and was inconsolable for a while. Then she told me how he didn't look right around they eyes and that was why they took his temp. It was 38. He'd been off his food as well. I was starting to get worried.
He comes toddling out of another room without a bother on him. I get him ready. No whinging or crying. He's chatting away in his pushchair, excitedly pointing at cars and wanting to press the road crossing buttons. He felt warm but tbh I probably wouldn't have taken his temp. So I googled 'what is considered a facet in a toddler?' And it comes back with 'anything over 38'. I look at the report sheet that was in his bag and it says he ate all his breakfast and lunch but refused yogurt. Hardly off his food.
Toddler is fine in himself, low grade fever at worst, I have to make up 5 hours at work somehow.
I feel like I've been mugged off by someone.
Am I being unreasonable to think he could have stayed at nursery or is this usual?
Should I raise it with someone?

JonesMalone Mon 20-Mar-17 12:57:09

Sorry should say fever not facet hmm

Underthemoonlight Mon 20-Mar-17 12:58:24

I've had my child be really ill with fevers got to the doctors and seemed to perk up. Your child is ill your his mother be there for him, when they are ill they want their mom. You would kick off if he became really poorly and didn't contact you.

JonesMalone Mon 20-Mar-17 12:59:53

This is true Underthemoonloght!
Thanks 🙂

Ihavefriends Mon 20-Mar-17 13:02:22

Nurseries vary in how much snot and grumpiness they will tolerate. Are they usually quick to call? I had a nursery that would take them unless actually dying, and a childminder who asked me to collect at the slightest sniffle.

The second type are infuriating. Yes, you love your kid, but the bread doesn't win itself!

JonesMalone Mon 20-Mar-17 13:08:29

I don't know if they're quick to call or if he's just a bit of a poorly kid.
I've been off work so often since Jan I'm starting to make up the hours during my lunch breaks. I'm petrified I'll run out of holiday and have to take any future illness of his as unpaid leave. I couldn't afford to do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now