Talk

Advanced search

I know this is a first world problem but still even so...

(14 Posts)
2beesornot2beesthatisthehoney Mon 20-Mar-17 06:43:52

So yesterday we went to the Thermae Spa in Bath, very expensive warm leisure pools for adults basically. There is a limit to the number of uses at any one time.
You don't swim , just wallow in the water on woggles allowing the currents to take you.
There are just enough woggles if everyone has just one. So why do some people need three and then leave others completely without?
We had one each but other entitled pillocks were just oblivious in their total selfishness. When we left we made sure we handed ours to people without so they wouldn't be picked up by those selfish bastards who had too many already.
The entitledness of some people is just beyond me sometimes and I think it dents worse and worse.

2beesornot2beesthatisthehoney Mon 20-Mar-17 06:44:55

Gets not dents blush

BlackSlateFloor Mon 20-Mar-17 06:47:16

I agree that's very selfish - but what the heck is a woggle??

Ifailed Mon 20-Mar-17 06:48:33

isn't a woggle something boy scouts play with?

reup Mon 20-Mar-17 06:49:08

That happened when I went there, it was really annoying. It took us ages to get one!

Joey7t8 Mon 20-Mar-17 06:49:24

Is a woggle like a noodle? But yes, very selfish. And don't get me started on regular swimming pool etiquette either!

Gizlotsmum Mon 20-Mar-17 06:50:35

Are there any staff around? Surely it's their job to police it?

CactusFred Mon 20-Mar-17 06:51:36

That place crams people in like cattle and is the complete opposite of relaxing!

Add the woggle thing into the mix and I'd be even more stressed.

I don't see the attraction and would never go again.

Anyway YANBU.

2beesornot2beesthatisthehoney Mon 20-Mar-17 06:52:43

A Woggle is one of those polystyrene tubes kids use to learn to swim with. Maybe noodle is another word for them ... no not the thing scouts have , I am picturing that now!

Weatherforecaster Mon 20-Mar-17 06:54:57

I hate that place. Far too crowded. Couldn't find my locker afterwards as the numbers were in no logical order. Then staff member was a complete jerk about it. Got locked in the changing cubicle and so did the person next to me so it's clearly not uncommon. Horrible place. Loved Bath though!

2beesornot2beesthatisthehoney Mon 20-Mar-17 06:56:58

No staff don't police , they shouldn't need to with adults? but maybe some adults act like the worst sort of children It was busy yesterday and the steam rooms are closed right now so we got free passes to go again. I have been on a weekday when it was nice and quiet, we will avoid Sunday mornings in the future,

drivingmisspotty Mon 20-Mar-17 06:58:50

Yes they were selfish and that would annoy me. But I think the clue is in the 'very expensive'. So why don't they just provide enough noodles for everyone to have three? I would definitely prefer 3 as they support you better - much more relaxing.

Notso Mon 20-Mar-17 07:07:21

I agree with drivingmisspotty wiggles are so cheap to buy, they should have loads of them.

sabzii Mon 20-Mar-17 07:31:11

Perhaps some people bring their own noodles?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now