Talk

Advanced search

To expect friends to be more reliable???

(5 Posts)
tooneedyme Sun 19-Mar-17 21:56:26

Ok so everyone is busy but I seem to get let down alot!

Tonight gets text from friend x who is cancelling our meet up for tomorrow as she has to go sort out a new phone and make some calls (she isn't working and has all day/week/weekend....). I text friend y to see if she wants to meet and she says "I'll see how my morning goes." (she isn't working and let me down a few weeks ago cancelling a meet up a few days before it only to post up later the day the meet up was planned photos of her meeting up with other friends when her reason for cancelling was medical!!!

BackforGood Sun 19-Mar-17 23:20:06

YANBU.
However, people are all different.
If it were me, I'd expect more consideration from friends.
If it is a one off, I'd be hmm. If it were regular, I think I'd be looking for friends with better manners.

Trying2bgd Sun 19-Mar-17 23:26:50

No you are not being unreasonable but these friends sound like fairweather friends and I think you need to find new ones who will treat you with the respect you deserve.

ExplodedCloud Sun 19-Mar-17 23:28:03

Yanbu. Everybody flakes sometimes but some people seem to think it's ok to do it at the drop of a hat. I have one friend that I agree to all her suggestions for meeting up and never write it in my diary because she always cancels or postpones. She has no idea I do this grin

tooneedyme Mon 20-Mar-17 13:38:07

Friend y hasn't even let me know "how her morning has gone"👹👹

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now