Talk

Advanced search

To be this bloody broody

(6 Posts)
broodylady123 Sun 19-Mar-17 18:26:58

hello. This is a first for me. But I'm wondering if I'm being normal feeling this way?
I've been off the pill since July 2015, and was at that point really chilled out and relaxed about everything, being like whatever will be will be, (our Sex life was fab, it was fun etc) but roll forwards to now, goodness me I am broody. I don't just mean ogling over cute babies in the queue in Tesco either. I mean all consuming desire to have a baby that I cannot get rid of in any area of my life, with perpetual symptom spotting etc etc. I've had some tests and do not have pcos but that's all I've been tested for by the go, My friends all seem to be having babies and I just want to cry.
I've got savings and I've picked out a bleeding travel system and I've had two chemicals since Christmas.
I'm just in a foul mood and I want to cry, in fact I do cry and I don't know what to do.
I know iabu, but how do I make it stop!!!!!

broodylady123 Sun 19-Mar-17 18:29:33

I mean gp not go sorry

Phoebefromfriends Sun 19-Mar-17 18:38:29

Not sure I have any practical advice, you might get responses on the Conception board. I've seen a few friends go through this horrible stage and it was dire. It totally consumed their lives. I would definitely speak to your GP again and get a referral to a consultant. Do you mind saying how old you are?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help but I hope you are successful soon.

broodylady123 Sun 19-Mar-17 18:46:41

Thanks phoebe!
I'm in my twenties, so I still have time, (or so I tell myself)
It's just getting to the point of consuming me! sad

Phoebefromfriends Sun 19-Mar-17 19:05:48

Lots of people suggest putting energy into other things but my friends couldn't think of anything else but having a baby. Nothing else mattered.

Has your DP been tested for infertility? It's not always the woman. Push for that referral to an infertility consultant or gynaecologist, then post on the Conception boards, sharing with others that feel the same may give you some support and somewhere to vent when you are frantically symptom spotting.

Screwinthetuna Sun 19-Mar-17 19:12:40

Have you tracked your cycle? Buy some cheap ovulation tests (Wilkos own) and have a lot of sex when you get a positive test, followed by putting your bum and legs up in the air and cycling for about 10-15 mins. Not very attractive but works well ;)
Good luck and remember that if you are failing to become pregnant when actively trying, a potential issue could be with your partner and not you. Although, if you've had 2 chemicals then hopefully that's a sign that all is working well and your body is just waiting for the perfect time cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now