Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours dog howling, RSPCA and police rubbish!

(3 Posts)
phlebasconsidered Sun 19-Mar-17 16:07:57

Hi all,

Posting for advice really. I'm in a semi with neighbours who rent from a local landlord. They are less than charming and clearly deal / smoke a ton of weed. They have 4 kids who are away every other weekend with their father. When the father was about things were not as bad. Their Staffy (who is sweet natured and friendly to my dog through the fence) was walked and we didn't hear it.

Fast forward to father moving out, weed dealing boyfriend moving in. Dog is never walked. Only ever see it pooping on the patio, we're up to over 30 uncleaned piles of shit now. Mother and boyfriend vanish every weekend the kids are with the dad leaving the dog alone inside. It howls, constantly, and scratches to be let out. Around 2am last night I thought it was wrecking the house.

I've spoken to the RSPCA, Police, and the landlord, none of whom will do anything. RSPCA looked at photos of dog and as it has shelter, is fed, and the owner returnd they wont act. The landlord doesn't care as long as he gets his wedge; even showing him the mountains of dogshit hasn't bothered him .

It's been going on for 2 months. I asked the police if they would check the dog has food / somewhere to poop, they only go in after 48 hours if there is reason to believe nobody will return.

I'm stuck! Asking if anyone knows the legality of helping this dog by breaking it out. It's literally eating through the patio doors, grinding its teeth on them, by this time on a Sunday. What, if anything, can I do?

I've tried talking to them, writing to them. Nothing, except a mouthful.

(As for the kids, they seem ok. That's a whole other thread!)

Oddsockspissmeoff Sun 19-Mar-17 16:21:29

Try the council's environmental health with regards to the noise.

phlebasconsidered Sun 19-Mar-17 16:23:12

I did wonder about that. How loud does the poor thing have to be I wonder? My local council pages are not terribly helpful. We can and do sleep through it, it's just very sad to hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now