Talk

Advanced search

To think that kid ds should not play football inside a public building?

(22 Posts)
Kione Sun 19-Mar-17 14:49:52

I really want to know as I posyed in our local Facebook page and was shocked at the replies really.
This is a very remote location, there is a building that has a cafe inside and a little play area (a slide an a couple of coin operated cars) but also offices. A bit like a cross between a shopping center and a train station.
I was at the cafe and there were about 6 kids between the ages of 5 to 10 playing football, inside, between the cafe and one of the ofices which was open to the public. I thought this was not right, no parents in sight.
So I wrote at out local page that the parents should've stopped that.
The replies:
"Why?"
"Were they harmong anyone?"
"So now kids are not allowed to have fun?"
"Pathetic"
I pointed out that it says "no ball games" on playgrounds so I expected that they wouldn't be allowed in a public building either.
I was told to "get a life", "get over myself", called "stuck up".
So I removed the post but I was left thinking "really? Is my point so unreasonable?"
I had about 4 people that "liked" my post, but none wrote anything.
So. AIBU?

Kione Sun 19-Mar-17 17:12:00

Anyone? Can't believe there are no replies even to get grilled shock

IamFriedSpam Sun 19-Mar-17 17:32:35

YANBU (although a little impatient you only posted the minutes ago!). Of course they shouldn't play football inside! Surely there are outside places provided (or spare bits of land) to have a kick about?

Onthecouchagain Sun 19-Mar-17 17:34:16

Yabu, let kids be kids.

Kione Sun 19-Mar-17 17:37:19

I just thought the AIBU was a busy board that's all, not impatient confused
There are places to play football, yes.

brasty Sun 19-Mar-17 17:39:51

Of course it is not okay for children to play football inside a public building.

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 19-Mar-17 18:16:28

unless its an area designed for indoor sports games they should not be playing ball games inside

user1471545174 Sun 19-Mar-17 18:17:59

YANBU, OP.

Kione Sun 19-Mar-17 18:49:48

Thank you for the replies.
I was even told to "get the stick out of my backside"!
And was left thinking no wonders kids are so entitled nowadays.

harderandharder2breathe Sun 19-Mar-17 19:03:53

Yanbu if those are the kids parents then no wonder no one stopped them

It should be common sense not to play football inside

ChasedByBees Sun 19-Mar-17 19:05:45

YANBU.

John4703 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:08:50

I pointed out that it says "no ball games" on playgrounds so I expected that they wouldn't be allowed in a public building either.
IMO that is unreasonable, a play area is for play, ball games are play. It does not make sense.
There is a lot said about inactive and obese children so lets encourage them to be active and not ban them from ball games in play areas.
I do agree that YANBU as playing football inside is not acceptable.

minionsrule Sun 19-Mar-17 19:12:19

You should reply back and ask if its ok if you kid comes round and plays football in their house then? grin

Janey50 Sun 19-Mar-17 22:48:52

No YANBU. I don't think kids should be playing football inside a public building in the same way I don't think that they should be whizzing around shopping centres on skateboards or haring round busy coffee shops on scooters,but unfortunately it happens.

emmyrose2000 Mon 20-Mar-17 03:29:43

YANBU

Unless it's a purpose built indoor sports complex, then nobody should be playing football inside.

TheMysteriousJackelope Mon 20-Mar-17 03:47:28

YANBU.

I can't imagine letting my children play football inside an area like that. People trying to work in the offices while balls are kicked against their windows. Visitors to the offices and the café having to avoid being hit in the head by a kicked ball. It doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

Kione Mon 20-Mar-17 07:40:14

Unfortunately I deleted the post as the replies got nasty!
I agree about the playground, but it is whatit says.

Hissy Mon 20-Mar-17 07:45:58

Was the public building a leisure centre? 😂

Kione Mon 20-Mar-17 09:30:57

Nope! Think along the lines of a bus station!

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 20-Mar-17 14:43:58

I suspect the people who replied and were rude to you also have kids who were rude enough to play football inside!

Hissy Mon 20-Mar-17 17:12:14

Totally agree, their responses say all anyone needs to know about them and their level of manners

Kione Wed 22-Mar-17 03:59:23

Yes. that is what I thought but I was still shocked to sound like the unreasonable one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now