Talk

Advanced search

To replace lost jewellery

(7 Posts)
Proseccohoho Sun 19-Mar-17 14:40:33

My DH bought me a beautiful earrings and necklace set for my birthday a couple of months ago. I wore it once, went to look in the usual place the other day and it is missing! I cleared out my wardrobe a few weeks ago and all I can think must've happened is that I may have mistakenly thrown it out thinking it was an empty box! I am so gutted as it was a really well thought out prezzie and I absolutely loved it. I have turned the house upside down several times and just cannot find it. I really don't want to admit to DH that I have lost it so would it be unreasonable of me to just buy an identical one to spare his feelings?

dontsufferfools Sun 19-Mar-17 15:37:01

But you haven't lost it. You've made a mistake. You didnt do it on purpose. Why be dishonest about it? I lost a brand new diamond earring within a week. I was absolutely gutted but the first person I told was my DH. He could tell how upset I was and was lovely about it.

He'll understand and probably offer to buy it again for you.

miserableandinpain Sun 19-Mar-17 16:37:52

flowers

I lost my wedding ring just over a year ago. I had lost weight and it was too big. I still havent found it. I kept hoding my gand for a few days hoping it would turn up but it didnt. Ended up bursting into twars telling dh and he was fine about it and asked why i was so upset. Never replaced it though...

miserableandinpain Sun 19-Mar-17 16:38:18

Try not to worry too much its just 'stuff'. Xx

Aridane Sun 19-Mar-17 16:45:13

Yes, I would discreetly replace

Pestilentialone Sun 19-Mar-17 16:49:02

Do you believe it is best to lie to DH to keep him happy or do you believe it is best to have open and honest communication with DH?
Only you know this.

Proseccohoho Sun 19-Mar-17 18:54:35

I still believe it may be in the house somewhere, have had a couple of 'woo' things happen recently and although I said I may have thrown it away by accident, I remember checking all the boxes before I put it in the bin. I know that by replacing it I am 'cheating' but am really trying to save his feelings. However, if I replace it I know I will be lying to myself as it won't be the original.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now