Talk

Advanced search

Body dismorphia

(12 Posts)
KellyElly Sat 18-Mar-17 22:39:16

Does anyone have this? I see myself as overweight, and my friend told me to take pictures of my body, as apparently I'm skinny. I can't see that person in the picture as me. To me I look so much bigger. Anyone else?

KellyElly Sat 18-Mar-17 22:42:46

This is me apparently. This is the picture I took. I don't get why u see someone at least three stone bigger confused

KellyElly Sat 18-Mar-17 22:44:11

I'm looking at myself now and I don't see that. Please tell me someone else feels the same.

KellyElly Sat 18-Mar-17 22:48:53

No one? I've had this for years. I can't be the only one!!

speakfriendandenter Sat 18-Mar-17 22:58:35

Have you ever spoken to a doctor about this? I have a body dysmorphia diagnosis (along with some other stuff), I've suffered for years and I get bouts of being fixated with various body parts. Speaking to someone could help.

KellyElly Sat 18-Mar-17 23:11:08

No, never spoken to a doctor. Too ashamed. Feel really stupid.

CrochetBelle Sat 18-Mar-17 23:34:28

Do you honestly think a size 8 is overweight?

Destinysdaughter Sat 18-Mar-17 23:36:03

You look v slim.

wineusuallyhelps Sat 18-Mar-17 23:48:11

I think I have this, a bit.

I'm a size 10 and always have been. Depending on my state of mind, I sometimes feel I am not slim. Unhappy day = believing I am a bit fat and horrible. I often look at pictures of myself and am surprised I look as slim as I do. So you're not alone!

HumpMeBogart Sat 18-Mar-17 23:54:17

I have body dysmorphia. It's awful - it affects my confidence, my social life, my love life (or lack of). It can be really debilitating and painful.

Counselling has helped me - if you can't afford to pay for private sessions, your GP should be able to refer to flowers

SiestaFiesta Sat 18-Mar-17 23:57:19

Like wine I see myself heavier than I actually am (size 8, always have been, no problems with eating) until I see a photo of myself as realise how skinny I am in reality.

Other times I'll focus on things like my belly, for instance during my period or when I've put on a few pounds. I feel like I have a slight muffin top that's really noticeable to me over my jeans and feel fat when I'm anything but.

I wouldn't say I have body dysmorphia more I am harder on myself sadly in every way than anyone else would ever be.

WorraLiberty Sun 19-Mar-17 00:09:14

You need to speak to a doctor.

Nothing to feel stupid or ashamed about

They've seen and heard it all before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now