To expect something in the sale to be scanned through at the sale price?

(16 Posts)
mycatisginger Sat 18-Mar-17 22:10:38

Irritated at New look. I purchased a navy cardigan at the bargain price of £2 (along with some other things)
When shopping I was attending to 1 year old DD whilst paying so wasn't paying too much attention.

When I got home I checked the receipt and had been charged full price (9.99)

It's not like it's going to break the bank. I can afford it. But my point is surely if it's in the sale the customer should not have to check they have been scanned at the correct price?

I don't want to go back to get the money refunded as it is inconvenient.

mycatisginger Sat 18-Mar-17 22:11:20

Just having a moan really grin

HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 22:13:49

I get it. I was on in Ralph Lauren and she scanned the same shirt twice and thankfully I realised as we left the store as the price surprised me.

I think it's best to have a rough idea of how much your total is to prevent this in future, despite it not being your fault.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 18-Mar-17 22:14:17

Dirty trick.

I've caught Wilkinson's scanning the same thing twice when I've been distracted. Luckily I check receipts. They're counting on you being too busy to go back.

LovingLola Sat 18-Mar-17 22:15:52

Monsoon are a nightmare for this. I always check the price tag and then watch as it goes through the till. 99% of the time it won't have the correct reduction on it.

mycatisginger Sat 18-Mar-17 22:17:04

It has happened to my mum lots of times in the coop too. She often gets these little gluten free cherry bakewells that are often buy one get one free or something similar. 80% of the time the offer doesn't come up in the till. hmm

mycatisginger Sat 18-Mar-17 22:17:23

On the till

HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 22:20:54

grin I used to work at coop many moons ago as a student. The offers never went through and because I was just a weekend girl I had no clue what the exact offers were.

Very ridiculous.

My mum checks her receipt at the till which I find pretty embarrassing.

Chloe84 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:22:58

I've caught Wilkinson's scanning the same thing twice when I've been distracted. Luckily I check receipts. They're counting on you being too busy to go back.

Why would Wilko staff do this? What would they gain? I think it must have been a mistake.

My mum checks her receipt straight after every shop, including big supermarket shops, and I have also got into the habit. It has saved me from a few till errors.

lazyarse123 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:30:25

If you use coop you should check your receipt because the offers are shown on there but not on the screen facing customers so from your side it looks like it hasn't gone through or just ask the cashier. Mistakes sometimes happen but in my store we will always correct them. I once put a jumper through twice in adsa self service (bit slack for someone who operates a till for a living) asda staff checked cctv that i hadn't tried to con them and gave me the money back.

Notcontent Sat 18-Mar-17 22:46:48

I always have a rough idea of what I should be paying because so many times shops and restaurants make mistakes...

ChasedByBees Sat 18-Mar-17 22:51:54

You could contact them - a photo of your receipt and the cardigan with the offer should suffice. I've contacted companies on twitter or through email and usually been refunded (sent a voucher in post).

Trumpssyrup Sat 18-Mar-17 22:52:15

Yes it's all a massive conspiracy! Didn't you know?

Crispbutty Sat 18-Mar-17 22:56:07

In a similar sort of theme.,

I popped into the chip shop yesterday and asked for one thing. Server said £1.90 please.. I said "it's £1.70 on the wall., he said "£1.70 then" confused hmm

I order our takeaway from there regularly and often think it has cond to more than I expected and in future I will be double checking too.

GardenGeek Sat 18-Mar-17 22:56:46

Coops a nightmare for it! In the meal deals I am constantly having them refund and readjust the price with a cue of 20 angry lunchgoers behind me.

Its principal though! I will not pay more due to their shabbiness

kissmethere Sat 18-Mar-17 23:48:28

I always, always check my receipt before I leave a shop.
I got amazing bargains in the food hall at M&S last week but they came up full price at the till.
I was hazy and tired from the night before and just thought I'd have a look at the receipt. I ended up being refunded nearly £15. Should have noticed at the till but I blame wine headblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now