Talk

Advanced search

Bad customer at spa?

(41 Posts)
HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 20:29:35

Facial included in spa package. Told it was booked in at 2:30 and were even given the printed itinerary stating that time too.

Around 2, we were having a drink and were asked if we were waiting for a treatment and we said no. Go to reception at 2:25 and got told by the receptionist no sorry ladies you're too late and your appointment was at 2.

A bit confused we apologised and thought we must have got it wrong. Went and got paper to prove we were told 2:30 and it was clear at that point the receptionist had already known at the time about the mix up but had made it out to be our fault.

She said well we did try and find you .... hmm they never even said our names when they came looking for us.

They then expected us to wait a further hour and a half and not have the facials at the same time.

Aibu or is that really bad service?

Tiredemma Sat 18-Mar-17 20:31:10

Awful customer service. I would complain.

Mummymoanasaurus Sat 18-Mar-17 20:33:55

Was this in a hotel in London? Have had similar happen

HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 20:36:48

A good 2 hours from London.

Just shit, mistakes happen but to try and lay the blame on us when we actually did nothing wrong.

Mummymoanasaurus Sat 18-Mar-17 20:40:38

Crap service, did you complain to a manager? Did you have your facials?

Chloe84 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:49:38

Around 2, we were having a drink and were asked if we were waiting for a treatment and we said no.

YANBU, but if asked the above I would have answered we have an appt. at 2.30pm.

highinthesky Sat 18-Mar-17 21:06:48

These pre-booked treats always seem to come with either strings or a sting in the tail.

DaisyBlameless Sat 18-Mar-17 21:09:25

But when they asked if you were waiting for an appointment, you were, so why did you say no?

HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 21:12:23

But when they asked if you were waiting for an appointment, you were, so why did you say no?

Because it was 2pm and we didn't have appointments booked at 2pm. So we weren't waiting for a treatment. Kind of why we said no.

I wouldn't expect to go in 30 minutes early with no warning.

DaisyBlameless Sat 18-Mar-17 21:25:02

Ah. I would have said yes, at 2.30.

I think it's a pain it was messed up but think it's an honest mistake.

HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 21:46:46

Ah. I would have said yes, at 2.30.

I think it's a pain it was messed up but think it's an honest mistake.

Really you think shifting the blame onto a customer when you've given them the wrong time is acceptable?

Mistakes happen but you should take ownership afterwards if you were at fault.

Topuptheglass Sat 18-Mar-17 21:48:53

I also would've said I've an appointment at 2.30pm.

mmchocolate Sat 18-Mar-17 21:51:07

Around 2, we were having a drink and were asked if we were waiting for a treatment and we said no.

I would have said yes at 2 30, because you were waiting for a treatment.

HurricanePlait Sat 18-Mar-17 21:54:03

We weren't waiting for a treatment though. We were enjoying the spa and having a drink away from the treatment rooms.

Surely common sense would say if you were looking for customers you'd find out the name of the booking.

All treatments are booked in time slots throughout the day.

DaisyBlameless Sat 18-Mar-17 21:55:09

Common sense would say you'd tell them you're waiting for a treatment imo.

underneaththeash Sat 18-Mar-17 21:56:08

But at 2 they weren't waiting for a treatment, they were having a drink. The treatment wasn't until 2.30.

I would have been really pissed off (and insisted they took us in at 2.30).

FumBluff1 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:57:15

Champneys by any chance?

khajiit13 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:57:21

If you weren't because you had an appointment then why were you there?....because you had an appointment! You should have said yes, at 2:30.

chocdonutyy Sat 18-Mar-17 21:58:37

But you were waiting for a treatment, just enjoying the facilities beforehand.
If you had told her the appointment was for 2.30 then the error with the time would have been sorted much easier.

HermioneJeanGranger Sat 18-Mar-17 22:00:44

But you were waiting for a treatment confused

knackeredinyorkshire Sat 18-Mar-17 22:01:16

none of these replies make any sense except under, mummy and tired. You had an appointment at 2.30 with printed confirmation and they got it wrong, refused to rectify their mistake and didn't apologise. I'd complain and expect a refund.

haveacupoftea Sat 18-Mar-17 22:01:33

Yep, they probably assumed that you'd had your treatments if you weren't waiting.

Crankycunt Sat 18-Mar-17 22:01:56

You were waiting for treatment.... at 2:30, I would have said I had an appointment at half two.

You had awful customer service, true but getting argumentative to people pointing out that you were waiting for an appointment isn't helping.

hoddtastic Sat 18-Mar-17 22:03:43

is it Q hotels? past two times I've been they've cocked up.

Wotshudwehave4T Sat 18-Mar-17 22:28:07

I get you OP, in spas being asked at 2pm - are you waiting for a treatment means are you waiting to go in now ie a 2pm treatment, as the masseuses have booking after booking, often every half hour. You are right to complain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now