Talk

Advanced search

DH drunk eating

(44 Posts)
BathshebaKnickerStickers Sat 18-Mar-17 18:30:48

We are having a fundraising tea party tomorrow at a church hall. 65 guests.

I have been baking all day. My friend has been baking all day and my Mum has been baking all day.

DH had football and went out to the pub and the match at 11. Back in at 5.30.

I had our 3 children all afternoon (13,10 and 7) whilst baking.

Just back from swimming lessons and Dh walks in the door at the same time.

He decides that after a few pints my baking looks do good (especially the mini savoury pies) and he is just going to eat some

(Drunk DH just shovels things in without stopping).

I plead with him to leave them alone, they are counted, I'm feeding 60 people, I need 60 pies...!!!!

Apparently I'm ridiculous and unreasonable and he has never heard such nonsense. He is having nothing to do with the "stupid tea thing"...

So I'm left in tears....

Was IBU to want him to stop eating my baking?

PaperdollCartoon Sat 18-Mar-17 18:32:46

YANBU - he's a rude and inconsiderate twat. You'd made the exact right amount. I would be hugely upset, my DP would never do this

ImFuckingSpartacus Sat 18-Mar-17 18:33:13

No, you weren't.

I would have made some extra though because the people in the house will want to eat them if they look and smell good!

Trb17 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:34:56

Dead man walking if DH had done this to me. He would NOT have eaten any of the pies! YANBU. He is.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 18-Mar-17 18:36:44

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that he generally thinks he's just a little more important than you.

DH would try puppy eyes and get the 'failure' pies. Of which there would be a few considering my baking...

evensmilingmakesmyfacehurt Sat 18-Mar-17 18:36:46

What an utter twunt

Sorry he is being a knob

threesocksmeghan Sat 18-Mar-17 18:37:25

That is disgusting. I would have hit the roof and kicked him out. Sorry (and angry!) for you OPflowers

PourMeAGlassOfMilk Sat 18-Mar-17 18:39:01

So rude and disrespectful! He IBU in the extreme.

ImFuckingSpartacus Sat 18-Mar-17 18:40:25

Rather vitriolic replies over a tipsy dude eating pies, isn't it? Some of you are damn harsh!

I would so have eaten a couple

Lilaclily Sat 18-Mar-17 18:42:21

Ha ha
He's probably drunkenly irrational ! He'll be sorry about it later no doubt

PeaFaceMcgee Sat 18-Mar-17 19:08:38

How dare he. Anyone who needs to plead with their partner to not be a dick and then gets a mouthful of abuse needs to have a serious think.

PigletJohn Sat 18-Mar-17 19:08:39

"don't eat those, they're for the funeral."

PeaFaceMcgee Sat 18-Mar-17 19:10:30

Yanbu x

Derlei Sat 18-Mar-17 19:10:45

OP, my sober husband does this when I have "special" food in for guests, he digs in to them before they even arrive!! Pisses me right off and it usually leads me to go mental at him. I usually buy more than required but one of these days one of the guests is going to be ravenous and I am going to run out. Yanbu, he is completely in the wrong

MrsDustyBusty Sat 18-Mar-17 19:13:46

So what's the damage? How much baking is he doing tonight to restore the amount of food you need?

HelloSunshine11 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:14:57

He's a selfish dick.

PollyBanana Sat 18-Mar-17 19:31:39

Leave him in charge of the kids.
Pop down to tesco for more ingredients (obs he can't drive)
He gets up first thing and makes some more

RiverdaleJughead Sat 18-Mar-17 19:37:44

He literally just stole from a fundraiser and your time. He would owe me so fucking bad. I get the drunken hunger but even so ,....theres takeaways for that

IamFriedSpam Sat 18-Mar-17 20:05:08

Of course YANBU what a dickhead. If you can't drink without turning into a total knobhead you shouldn't drink.

LimitedSedition Sat 18-Mar-17 20:08:26

Dickhead. Surely that's what kebab shops are for!

If it makes you feel better, my DP ate half a lemon drizzle cake by accident. To be fair, he did only mean to have one slice, but his blood sugar was 2.8 (T1) and he was a bit foggy so he 'couldn't stop eating it because it was so good'

Let's just say it wasn't 2.8 for long!

ButtercupChain Sat 18-Mar-17 20:09:06

YANBU. What a prick. Next time, make some pies with dog food. grin

PinkFlamingo545 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:10:05

It would be common sense to make extra IMO, if you are baking, would it hurt to throw in an extra batch for your family?

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 18-Mar-17 20:16:48

Agreed Pink and while she's at it, she could stick a broom up her arse and sweep the floor. Silly bint only baking enough for 60 people.

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 18-Mar-17 20:20:42

My family are constantly Daily Mail sad face when I bake, it's hardly ever for them!

What a selfish thing for your DH to do, is this a one off?

pringlecat Sat 18-Mar-17 20:23:11

I'm so sorry, OP. What a twat. Not only did he disrespect you, he disrespected the charity for which you're fundraising.

He better damn well be sorry when he sobers up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now