Talk

Advanced search

To think that it's impossible for me to lose anymore weight...

(5 Posts)
pizzafrenchfries Sat 18-Mar-17 18:06:25

Not a thread about a thread but inspired... so I had a baby eight months ago. I've always been very very active - I used to have a job coaching in a sporting field that was quite active.... I've also recently been gone back on to citalopram (may be related)

Im five foot three and I weigh 11 stone... I have a 30 inch waist but i also have 34f boobs and a fairly muscular bum due to the sport that I do.... I don't feel fat but I don't feel thin. Before I was pregnant I weighed about 9-10 stone but I was incredibly active, I'm still fairly active but no way near as much as before and I think I eat fairly healthily... My lightest in my adult life was around 7 stone but I was absolutely obsessive over my weight, I was v unhappy and I barely ate.

I now cannot get below 11 stone... I've tried so hard! Whatever I do it just stays the same (and has done from about 6 weeks after birth) I wear around a size 12 depending on what shop.

Does it sound like I'm overweight? Am I being unreasonable to think
Maybe this is my normal weight and I just won't be able to Lose anymore?

BalloonSlayer Sat 18-Mar-17 18:07:47

Are you breastfeeding by any chance?

pizzafrenchfries Sat 18-Mar-17 18:10:16

I was but only for a short time before I went on to anti depressants and was told I needed to stop

DrippyWet Sat 18-Mar-17 18:10:41

You sound like you are probably quite fit but definitely overweight. Have you tried carefully logging your diet for a week or so so that you can see what sort of calories you are consuming. If you are maintaining a steady weight then that means your diet must be ok but you will obviously have to cut down to lose.

luckylucky24 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:18:24

I weigh 9 1/2 stone at 5ft 1" and consider myself overweight. I certainly feel it.
Perhaps you need to have another look at your diet or it could be the medication you are on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now