Talk

Advanced search

to finally update you on my business name..

(56 Posts)
HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 11:40:26

A while back I entered a desperate plea for help naming my business.. I just wanted to come back and update and say a HUGE thank you for all the incredible, thoughtful, clever names people came up with..

For those who were not on the initial thread, I produce decorative garden screens which are used for privacy, trellises or to try to hide unsightly parts of the garden. I was totally stuck and really had no idea what to "brand" them as.

In the end @Bipbopbee came up with SCREEN WITH ENVY and that's what I have gone with - THANK YOU!! 👏💐

Thank you all SO MUCH!!! The range of names was amazing - you've all got incredible talent. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 11:42:06

Some more pictures - would love to hear feedback - good and bad! 😬

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 11:43:11

🌸🌸

regularbutpanickingabit Sat 18-Mar-17 11:43:52

Love the screens and love the name!

FumBluff1 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:44:25

They're beautiful!

MrsReacher85 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:45:47

I love them! Do you have a website?

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 11:50:10

Thank you!! Yes I have a website, but I am not sure I am allowed to post it. I could PM you the details of it, if you would like @MrsReacher85?

Thank you so much - I was blown away with the name suggestions. Seriously, you should have heard what I was thinking.. Thank God I checked here. Apparently my idea sounded like a vajazzle salon or carry on film shock blush

magimedi Sat 18-Mar-17 11:56:46

I think they look amazing.

I found your website pretty easily - google did want to take me to Greenwithenvy first grin.

I really liked the website but I had to search a bit to find out what they are made from & would have liked a bit more info on the wood composite & would have liked that info to be easier to find. That's not a criticism - just an opinion.

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 12:01:05

@magimedi thank you so much. That's exactly the type of feedback I need. I will make the material more prominent and add more detail about it. Really appreciate it - super useful. Because I did it myself, I am definitely guilty of being "blind" to its faults.

CaptainHarville Sat 18-Mar-17 12:14:04

Just what I've been looking for, just need to measure to see what size I need!

magimedi Sat 18-Mar-17 12:15:04

I love the photo you first go to but when you go to shop now I'd immediately like to see all the details of the screens ie what they are made of & their size.

I went to the delivery page of the site & I do think that on the first info page you should have to caveat about checking that you can get the screen to its final location without problems!

Hope that helps & good luck.

I'd love to see the website when you have updated it - would you send me a PM?

PollyBanana Sat 18-Mar-17 12:17:45

I like it!
Punchy , memorable and not twee.

C'mon OP .Tell us what your vajazzle make was going to be...

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 12:25:53

@magimedi thank you. When you landed on the "shop now" page was it obvious that you could click on those images to see more details/size/photos of them installed. I have a sinking feeling people are landing on that page and not realising that they can click on any screen to see more.

Good point on the size issue - I have added that to the "terms of sale" page. I will PM when changes are made. Thank you - I really appreciate the feedback.

@CaptainHarville amazing! grin I'm excited to see which style you choose - some of these are new designs so I am wondering what people will prefer..

@PollyBanana blush blush blush I was thinking "Adorn my Outdoors" and it was resoundingly shot down.. As sounding like a vajazzle salon or carry on film.. confused confused confused

magimedi Sat 18-Mar-17 12:28:43

No, not obvious. I think you have to assume that everyone is daft & make sure everything is spelt out!

I found you through Google as well but you fall well below the companies house info try and see if you can boost yourself to the top.
Screens are lovely and I'm hoping to do up the garden a bit this year so I'll be bookmarking the page. They are lovely.

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 12:34:18

@magimedi thank you. I suspect that could be an issue. I will have to make it much clearer as I think people are "stopping" on that page..

@LooksBetterWithAFilter amazing - thank you!

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Sat 18-Mar-17 12:35:38

The screens look wonderful.

Re the website, on my phone, two rectangular 'blocks' are come up at the end of each paragraph.

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 12:39:24

@FlorenceandtheWashingMachine urg - how strange. I can't replicate the same thing. I will look into it. Thank you!!

OreoDream Sat 18-Mar-17 12:58:02

I love the screens OP!

Would you consider diversifying in to indoor screens / room dividers / see through doors?

GirlElephant Sat 18-Mar-17 13:07:08

Great name and lovely pictures.

Best of luck!

lostincumbria Sat 18-Mar-17 13:15:00

I've never heard of anyone not clicking on the product to find more details. The website is gorgeous.

HelpP1ease Sat 18-Mar-17 13:22:42

@OreoDream yes certainly. In fact the screens are done in a kind of brushed grey wood finish so they would look perfectly at place inside, but I made them initially for use outside (of my flat) as I couldn't find a similar high finish product for outdoors.

Ultimately I would love to diversify.. I am actually working on some other new products at the moment. But now spring is here I need to focus on selling these ones before I get too carried away confused

@GirlElephant thank you!

@lostincumbria thank you! Me too but there is some blockage on that page?! Maybe I should have hyperlinked the products in blue or something but it just looks so ugly. But ultimately I do need people to click on them to buy them so I will have to think about making it more obvious, some how.

JungleInTheRumble Sat 18-Mar-17 13:25:22

Very nice website. Agree about it being obvious to click on the product for more information . You don't want too much on one page cluttering everything up.

magimedi Sat 18-Mar-17 13:28:38

I think it was because the page looked just like sketches - and I don't do a vast amount of internet shopping - that I didn't think to click on the individual pictures.

Now you say it it seems very obvious but al you would need is a sentence at the bottom of the page telling you to click on pictures for full info.

Yamadori Sat 18-Mar-17 13:30:46

The screens are fab. Chelsea Flower Show next year? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now