Talk

Advanced search

'Everything' your body needs in capsule form

(30 Posts)
mikado1 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:51:22

I am prepared to be told iabu as I don't know the ins and outs of this. Friend posted this on fb, along with a pic of tablets, apparently all natural and whole food based-my response is to think how, if it in a hard tablet? Are the fruit and veg ground down? I sense she is about to start selling them and really want to know if it's a complete scam as I've no interest but I'll need to be very clear with my no, she's very persuasive. I know if I 'kill' the belief I'll just have to say no once.

Aibu to think supplements alone can't provide everything? I view them as an (unnecessary ) extra but they definitely seem more common atm.

GreenGoblin0 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:52:45

juice plus by any chance?

ZilphasHatpin Sat 18-Mar-17 10:54:13

Without knowing what tablet it is it's hard to say. Can you find the website and look for an ingredient list. There should be one.

Usernamegone Sat 18-Mar-17 10:54:14

I just focusing on eating fruit and veg in its natural form - that's what I told someone when they tried to sell me juice plus

mikado1 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:55:26

She's being subtle as a game plan greengoblins, just putting quotes and well-being updates, no name as yet but I just know she'll be full on selling, seems inevitable.

NerrSnerr Sat 18-Mar-17 10:55:36

Juice plus? It's all bollocks, just a pyramid scheme.

ProudBadMum Sat 18-Mar-17 10:56:05

Aloe Vera?
Juice plus

Or the magic berry capsules

mikado1 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:56:34

Ok so it I possible then? Bear Grylls swears by them apparently. She had a pic of them with #breakfast !

ProudBadMum Sat 18-Mar-17 10:59:23

No they aren't real. They are just sold as real. You'd get the same benefits from an M&M as you do these capsules

Funnyonion17 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:00:38

Very expensive when you consider it's a glorified multivitamin and mineral. Total scam

GreenGoblin0 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:02:22

def juice plus if she's mentioned bear grylls. total rubbish that you get the same benefits from a capsule that you would from eating the actual fruit.

of course she'll be selling normal people don't post pictures of their supplements!

rainingkitsandpups Sat 18-Mar-17 11:05:36

It'll be juice plus. Google "juice plus scam"

They're just multivitamins at 30 x the price

Annesmyth123 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:06:27

Totally juice plus and totally a scam.

mikado1 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:08:10

So apart from 'total scam' and m&ms comparison (which is my view too btw!), what would you respond with? Obvs saying nothing on fb but know will be asked and would dearly like to show it's crap. Oh a before and after with supplements of an attractive friend just posted now!

UpdateRequired Sat 18-Mar-17 11:12:35

Well I wouldn't imagine any capsule could provide you with enough fibre, carbohydrates or protein for starters, all essential for a healthy digestive system. Just point out you can get all your dietary requirements met from a healthy balanced diet. Anything else is asking for trouble.

mikado1 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:14:06

Will Google scam, thanks. Was tempted to say 'Glad I'm not out I the wilds like him, I prefer the real thing!'

mikado1 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:15:37

Ok thanks update, that's exactly it, thanks. Time to unfollow I think, I am probably irrationally annoyed by this but hate this type of BS.

SuperPug Sat 18-Mar-17 11:20:59

Look at the threads on here- as suggested, google it.
I think it's also pretty obvious that ground down fruit or whatever it is in a capsule is utter rubbish. You will be brainwashed into selling it and will start becoming a complete annoyance to anyone who is close to you. Just reply with no thanks. I don't think you need to justify this?

meddie Sat 18-Mar-17 11:29:04

If you post anything negative about her 'super mega business' then you will just be labelled a hater and a negative person blah blah blah, its all part of the brainwashing training they are given when they sign up

Chloe84 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:29:38

The Matrix can explain.

Lunalovepud Sat 18-Mar-17 11:30:03

Juice Plus is beyond annoying - all those selling BS schemes are.

A girl I know had her stomach stapled and lost about 8 stones but now posts before and after pics on Facebook saying it was Juice Plus to sell capsules. Total bollocks.

Lunalovepud Sat 18-Mar-17 11:31:23

Her next updates will be all about how she is 'soooooo busy and is trying to get around to responding to all of your messages - please be patient!' and how she is on her phone but working on her part-time business blah blah blah... YAWN.

ImFuckingSpartacus Sat 18-Mar-17 11:40:25

Without knowing what tablet it is it's hard to say

Its not. There is no capsule that contains everything your body needs. It doesn't matter who sells it or what they claim is in it, its pure bunkum by definition.
Scammy-wankery-woo.

Deadsouls Sat 18-Mar-17 11:45:01

Could you not just say, no thanks it's not for me'

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 18-Mar-17 11:49:07

They're not asking your opinion and they're not interested in it. I'd hide them to avoid the tedious BS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now