Talk

Advanced search

To want a thread to stay up, even if it is a troll?

(41 Posts)
ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:33:39

You know the one I mean.

Can't we have a special place for the trolls that made us laugh? I've had a lovely time tonight.

Like Classics but not as prestigious obviously grin

RJnomore1 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:34:17

It would be good wouldn't it!

ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:36:59

There have been an odd few over the years that have really stood out.

Sometimes when we get an influx of boring trolls I get nostalgic for the 'good' ones.

It's more for the MNers replies grin

WankingMonkey Sat 18-Mar-17 00:38:29

I have missed half of this tonight due to deletions sad

I don't really see the harm in letting some stay up if they aren't offensive or anything. Maybe just close them instead (though I would prefer them left open too...but as a compromise)

The replies really do make the thread...

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:38:31

I have a folder on my organiser app that I save all the interesting snapshots to. Try that.

ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:39:44

Good idea Valentine2!

Problem is I end up having such a laugh furiously refreshing I forget and then 'poof'.

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Sat 18-Mar-17 00:39:52

Bloody hell. I look away for a couple of hours then come back to 2 deleted threads on Trending, a weird drunk sounding attempt at a not a thread about a thread and now this!

WTAF's been occurin?

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:40:04

But I kind of see the point of MNHQ too. If they let them stay open, it gives the trolls what they are looking for ultimately. So to keep it all sane and decluttered and of course welcoming for people who genuinely need help, they zap them. Just snapshot everything you like and save it.

Although it was funny, the subject matter was potentially distressing so I suppose it had to go. sad

memyselfandaye Sat 18-Mar-17 00:41:23

I have to say if I thought I had been deliberately poisoned Mumsnet would'nt be my first point of call.

I would probably go to my GP first, then the police, but I'm weird like that.

I would also think that if I was well enough to post on various websites that maybe the poisoner did'nt do a very good job and I was probably going to survive.

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:41:33

I can sell a lot of the snapshots for a tiny charge of course. grin

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Sat 18-Mar-17 00:42:05

It's been an entertaining few threads, but it's a bit too reminiscent of what happened to Helen Bailey to be properly funny.

EasterRobin Sat 18-Mar-17 00:43:52

We could have a "Trolls' corner" section for anyone wanting to catch up on it. (Or Netmums)

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:44:18

Yes Actually. That's why I agree they must be removed. It's a constant trigger and an insult to the victims of real crimes.
What I really don't get is who this sicko is? But again, may be while they are posing it here, they are doing no real life harm elsewhere for that time.

ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:44:33

Ahh I've only just read about Helen Bailey, point taken.

No OneNote would actually react like op in that particular situation though would they?

Could we remove the troll posts but keep the replies (grasps at straws)

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:46:40

But it will still come down to the same thing then, wouldn't it? It will still be a trigger and it will still be an incentive.

ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:46:40

I was having fun because it was so obviously bull but I do understand the point about there being real women who would find this distressing.

Op was attempting to flesh out a poor plot for a book/screenplay I think.

Hence the extreme defensiveness of us attacking the blatant flaws in their 'baby'.

sagapopolli Sat 18-Mar-17 00:48:18

The thing is as entertaining it may have been for you - it would have been horrific for somebody who had been through abuse.

And to go en masse to another forum? so cringe-worthy and absolutely looked like the 'mean girls' taking the piss.

would you find it funny if I said IRL I know who you are, how you look and you should be the last person to comment on looks??

PaulAnkaTheDog Sat 18-Mar-17 00:51:41

saga haven't you just gone to another forum to whine and moan-? Not really that different, coming here and insulting members. Don't worry though hun. I forgive you.

ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:52:38

sagapopolli I never posted on netmums, I was enjoying reading though grin

I do understand that point yes, but it was so badly written it was just like a poor soap opera plot line.

I get it would sort of act as a 'hey trolls come over here, try harder' if we kept any.

Maybe we could have a whole separate 'trollsnet' to contain them in. Didn't really think that through did I?

HelenaDove Sat 18-Mar-17 00:53:21

There is an article about what happened to Helen Bailey in one of the womens weeklies this week.

Apparently the cunt who killed her and her little dog is also suspected of killing his first wife. sad angry

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:53:39

Now I have a weird feeling. Could it be the wet dream of some really fucked up Daily Mail cunt?

ShamefulDodger Sat 18-Mar-17 00:54:27

Valentine2 oooo plot twist! shock

Valentine2 Sat 18-Mar-17 00:56:38

I wouldn't put anything past them. There is rock bottom, then some really fragrant oozy slimy dung+vomit+piss and only then you get to glimpse Daily Mail.

RebelRogue Sat 18-Mar-17 01:00:26

Valentine how small exactly is that small fee?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now