Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Viginlante Brits - Street Justice

(5 Posts)
sagapopolli Fri 17-Mar-17 23:05:01

Apologies if this has already been talked about but just watching it tonight. Specifically regarding the 'paedophile hunters' and the ones on the programme.

Before watching this I was absolutely against vigilantism - too many times the wrong people have been targeted and we all know the story of the paediatrician attacked because some people couldn't differentiate between that and a paedophile.

After watching this programme I've totally changed my opinion. These people, in their own time, and for no monetary reward spend months upon months 'catching' paedophiles. They never physically attack the alleged paedophile - just pose as under age children in chat rooms.

What really brought tears to my eyes was the guy at the end who had endured months of 'fake chat' with a paedophile - yet he and his team still go out and try to alert authorities to these people.

So I guess my AIBU is in thinking yes, in some situations, vigilantism is justified - especially when public funds are being cut left right and centre and police forces don't have the man force to do this?

sagapopolli Fri 17-Mar-17 23:18:16

Was I the only one to watch it blush

sagapopolli Fri 17-Mar-17 23:40:10

I really can't believe that on a parenting website this has got zero response? Absolutely nothing to do with the--embarrassment to the ends of time of having no replies-- cries

Seriously though - this programme actually changed my opinion on some vigilantism - ho hum x

Florrick Fri 17-Mar-17 23:42:21

I think everyone is on the other thread......

sagapopolli Fri 17-Mar-17 23:47:07

ooh which one Florrick? hugs my billy no mates self hehe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now