To be annoyed by Coronation Street?

(7 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:47:27

I'm a little bit frustrated by frequently seeing a newborn baby being put in a room on his own for his naps complete with his bedroom door then being closed. I think I first saw this done when the baby wasn't even a week old.

Yes, I know it's not real and there isn't actually a sleeping baby behind the bedroom door but I do think it's a bit irresponsible to imply it is happening considering how many people watch the programme. I would have thought popular soaps would be a good platform to educate people on issues like Safe Sleep as opposed to showing behaviours that are deemed to be unsafe and a risk factor for SIDS.

I feel better after getting that out grin

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 17-Mar-17 20:51:44

I do agree but they are all like that aren't they.
Someone has a baby and about 2 days later they are back in their job or out on the lash with full makeup, hair done and non-leaking boobs.
And often no mention of where said baby is!
There is a bank of babysitters in soap land that no one ever sees!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:54:02

It's like Mo in Holby City - I think she was back working within a month. I don't think I had the energy to even get off the sofa for about 8 weeks sad

AlexanderHamilton Fri 17-Mar-17 20:56:44

What's wrong with putting a baby down in its room for a nap. It's what I always did. And the door was always closed partly to keep the dog out and partly because dd wouldn't sleep other wise.

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 17-Mar-17 20:57:58

I'm almost 7 months in with my second. Got back to brushing my hair in the last week or so. Real life grin.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Fri 17-Mar-17 21:02:54

It always bothers me as well.
If they put a moses basket somewhere in the room they are in they could angle it so the baby isn't seen.
I'm assuming it's because the baby can't "work" for long?

Zafodbeeblbrox10 Fri 17-Mar-17 21:09:32

Coronation Street et al suck IMHO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now