Talk

Advanced search

Days of the week knickers

(19 Posts)
RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 17-Mar-17 19:38:08

Inspired by the knicker bows thread...

DD has these, and despite promising not to get het up if she has to wear the 'wrong' day, she always does! I should have learnt by now...

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 17-Mar-17 19:42:35

I've seen multipacks of 5 which confuse me. Are you supposed to go commando?!

ScarletFever Fri 17-Mar-17 19:44:15

i wear them on the wrong day - to annoy my DC/P

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 17-Mar-17 19:49:03

Are they just 'working week' pants Testing? That's madness...

IDefinitelyWould Fri 17-Mar-17 19:51:10

My dd will not wear day of the week anything on the wrong day. I threw them all away, they were causing far too many arguments in a morning routine already fraught with angst and arguments. Ds is only 2 and happily wore 'Wednesday' socks today because they were orange grin

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 17-Mar-17 19:54:49

See DS had days of the week socks, no problem. Wore the first pair that came out of the drawer, didn't care.

DD? Ructions...

PunjanaTea Fri 17-Mar-17 20:15:21

I was surprisingly irked by a friend's child wearing the wrong day of the week socks recently. I didn't really have myself down as the type to be bothered by such things.

badabeedabom Fri 17-Mar-17 20:17:57

DS has day of the week undies and always wears them on the right day.

He has a few extra pairs too though so all's well if that day's pair hasn't made it through the wash yet.

I was also confused by the 5-pack of DOTW underwear. Do you have to fend for yourself on weekends?

donajimena Fri 17-Mar-17 20:19:11

I always wanted days of the week knickers sad

SerialReJoiner Fri 17-Mar-17 20:21:29

I don't dare buy such things. My ability to wash, sort, fold and out away laundry in a timely manner is severely limited. There would be weeping and wailing.

wigglesrock Fri 17-Mar-17 20:35:04

Nooooooooo, always resist days of the week knickers grin I bought them recently for my 6 year old. I had resisted for the older two but thought why not, she's laid back - feck- the panic over the bloody pants! I think even now she's getting a bit fed up with it all. I was tickled by the packaging which referred to a 10 pack of days of the week pants hmm, turns out it's all 7 days plus 3 flowery pairs.
I also had that scene from When Harry met Sally constantly logged in my brain after buying them - there's no Sunday because of God - that's was actually a positive of buying the worlds most annoying knicker gimmick.

JennyWoodentop Fri 17-Mar-17 20:35:13

My dad had days of the week socks and used to regularly upset my niece by just wearing whatever came out of the drawer first, regardless of the day. I'm so glad this wasn't a thing when my kids were little as it would have driven me bonkers the tantrums to find the right days socks or pants in the morning work and school day rush!

PleaseTieMyBow Fri 17-Mar-17 20:45:12

I had a set of days of the week knickers when I was about 7. Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday WEEKEND x 1 pair hmmgrin

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 17-Mar-17 20:45:25

@donajimena they do grown up DOTW pants, you should fulfil your childhood dream grin

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Fri 17-Mar-17 20:50:33

DD has days of the week socks 62p for 7 decent pairs in Sainsbury's. We have two sets so we can cope when some go missing.

She does have to wear the right day though. Shes totally discombobulated if I get the wrong pair out.

picklemepopcorn Fri 17-Mar-17 21:23:37

I have dotw socks, it took me a surprisingly long time to be prepared to wear them on the wrong day.

TiggyD Fri 17-Mar-17 21:44:19

I'm wearing my MARCH pants.

NennyNooNoo Fri 17-Mar-17 21:54:35

Flouncing that's less than 4.5 p per sock! What a bargainsmile

Twiggy just as long as you're not still in your February ones...grin

WutheringFrights Fri 17-Mar-17 23:09:40

My DH used to have days of the week socks.
We were going away for a weekend but he was unexpectedly delayed so I had to pack for him.
I packed Tuesday and Thursday ... Because I like to mess with his mind...........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now