Talk

Advanced search

To want to see Steps in concert?

(28 Posts)
Dixiestamp Fri 17-Mar-17 00:42:23

If I put a message on Facebook, for example, asking if anyone fancies coming with me would I be laughed at? I loved them the first time round- I was never very cool, and was always into the 'Kylie and Jason' pop when I was a kid when my friends liked cool rock music! Maybe I'll just get my kids into Steps...! Is it a bit cringe? (It's not like I LOVE them or anything, it's just tuneful and in offensive and cheerful!)

MiddleClassProblem Fri 17-Mar-17 00:49:39

I have several friends with tickets, I'd go if I had disposable income. Surely you must have one like minded friend out there?

Dixiestamp Fri 17-Mar-17 00:52:36

I haven't even looked at the price to be honest (they're probably extortionate so I can't imagine I will end up going!). I expect there is someone who would go- just did isn't want to look like a sad '90s girl'!

Dixiestamp Fri 17-Mar-17 00:52:57

*didn't!

avamiah Fri 17-Mar-17 01:07:12

Dixie,
I went to the X factor tour last month at the O2 with my 7 year old and and my friend and her 6 year old daughter and I thought it was going to be rubbish but we had a great time.
I loved Steps back in the day, they were great dancers .

avamiah Fri 17-Mar-17 01:09:14

And great entertainment .

ItShouldHaveBeenJingleJess Fri 17-Mar-17 01:19:19

Do it! My ex always said I had shit taste in music while he listened to 'cool stuff' (car advert music) but I love a happy, bouncy tune! (like, em, Busted. But not McBusted. I'm selective, moi)

Dixiestamp Fri 17-Mar-17 01:25:25

Ava- we went to the X-Factor tour a few years ago (the Fleur East year) - 'for the kids' - and it really was good. I've just realised the Vengaboys are supporting- they were my secret car tape for when no one else was listening; amazingly good cheese!

mumgointhroughtorture Fri 17-Mar-17 01:27:32

I have tickets , and I have a Son a similar age to what I was when I was buying steps albums in Our Price and Woolworths on my lunch break from school !
Definitely can't wait to go ! Cheesy pop , what's not to love.
The tickets sold out really quick tbf , I paid £94 for 2 with fees and they are selling the tickets for the same block for over £200 a ticket on certain rip off sites.
I'm sure you will enjoy it. Keep looking at twickets, they sell tickets on there for face value.

Seren85 Fri 17-Mar-17 01:40:34

Go for it! I (utterly confirmed black and leather clad metal head) went to see a much loved boy band of the past last year and had an absolute ball. Loads of my old school friends are going to see Steps. I hope you go and have a blast. At least this time round there is vodka!

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Fri 17-Mar-17 01:41:53

I know people going too - their tickets were £42. Go for it!

avamiah Fri 17-Mar-17 01:49:25

Dixie ,
What venue would you see them at?

Dixiestamp Fri 17-Mar-17 02:21:23

Cardiff is my nearest.

GirlOverboard Fri 17-Mar-17 05:32:22

Go. But get a move on, because tickets are selling really fast. I was thinking of getting tickets for London, but the seats left are a bit crappy so I didn't bother in the end.

Nquartz Fri 17-Mar-17 06:07:46

It'll be like the first time Take Thst toured when they came back, full of women who'd liked them when they were teenagers. I'd love to see them live, they were great fun back in the day!

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Fri 17-Mar-17 06:10:22

I'm going!

SomewhereNow Fri 17-Mar-17 06:21:22

Not at all, I saw them a few years ago and they were great - cheesy pop at its finest!

blueskyinmarch Fri 17-Mar-17 06:40:07

I saw them with my DD2 back in the day. They were great then and would probably be fun now. Just go alone.

ButtercupChain Fri 17-Mar-17 06:43:38

YANBU! I love Steps. grin (And I am * ahem * over 40!

BusyBeez99 Fri 17-Mar-17 06:46:59

I'm going. In my 40s. Got standing tickets so I can re-live my youth

Dixiestamp Fri 17-Mar-17 07:38:26

Ooh, you're all persuading me (am in my 40s too!)!

ThoraGruntwhistle Fri 17-Mar-17 07:45:48

I was more grunge/alternative/metal/indie in my youth but you can't beat a lovely bit of pop thrown in. I would totally go and see Steps smile

switswoo81 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:51:47

Go! Happy cheesy pop and the venga boys supporting. Sounds like a great night.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Fri 17-Mar-17 07:54:06

I went to see Steps back in 2000 ish, so first time round. It was fab but shit loads of kids. Maybe there won't be as many kids there now?

I put on a status about going to see Five when they played locally to me and I wasn't ashamed.
But then again Kylie and Jason were my gods. grin

You only live once. I'd love to go but I'll be very heavily pregnant and know I'd struggle.

backaftera2yearbreak Fri 17-Mar-17 08:02:14

I'm going! I'm also sitting in the bus listening to kylie 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now