We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to ask advice about school mum group?

(5 Posts)
buckeejit Thu 16-Mar-17 22:50:33

We've recently established a whatsapp group of parents of the class, however on discussion of collection for the wonderful teacher leaving, a question about sponsorship forms came up and someone said annoyingly there was no return date on the form and then another mum said it seems more of a fundraiser than a sponsorship for the charity, (obviously it is a fundraiser as working for a charity myself, they're not going to care who does what in order to get the money).

However, one of the class mums works for the charity in question and has immediately left the whatsapp group.

Both lovely women. Is the done thing just to ignore it all, or make one aware that the other works for the charity, or the charity worker that the other didn't know etc? I'm not very close with either of them, although one is a close neighbour. Not sure if this is relevant! More of a WWYD I s'pose!

TheCakes Thu 16-Mar-17 22:54:21

Leave it. Unless I've misunderstood, it doesn't sound like it's your problem, and if they are both lovely, why get involved? I'm sure they can deal with their own problems.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 16-Mar-17 22:55:43

I would leave it too.

buckeejit Thu 16-Mar-17 23:05:29

Thanks - I seem to have an inbuilt need to mediate but tbh have enough personal crap to deal with atm. I feel like I've been let off a non existent hook so thanks ;)

Mumzypopz Fri 17-Mar-17 08:23:00

I've never understood why people create wattsapp groups for parents. There's always the chance someone could be left out etc. How do you get numbers for everyone? Or is it just a very informal small group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now