Talk

Advanced search

to join MN when I don't have children?

(42 Posts)
silentsigh Thu 16-Mar-17 18:52:36

Does pretty much everyone here have children? Is it weird that I've joined but don't?

SugarLoveHeart Thu 16-Mar-17 18:53:35

I haven't got any kids. Lots more to MN, if anything it's been an eye-opener!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 16-Mar-17 18:54:23

Helps if you have an MiL though...

RevealTheHiddenBeach Thu 16-Mar-17 18:54:29

I don't have kids. I joined about 6 years ago. Didn't want them then, don't want them now.

I bloody love mn. Solves a mirage of problems, I have learned shedloads and recommend it to everyone.

BillSykesDog Thu 16-Mar-17 18:55:58

No. And whenever I've seen posters suggest that you shouldn't join if you don't have them they've been slaughtered.

GreyStars Thu 16-Mar-17 18:58:19

It's worth the subscription charge just for the FB shite threads grin

I know it's free

Sparklingbrook Thu 16-Mar-17 18:58:19

Not weird at all. There are lots if topics that don't involve children.

Ecclesiastes Thu 16-Mar-17 18:58:32

YANBU. Tons of us are happily childfree. I'm a refugee from the rest of the internet.

FurryDogMother Thu 16-Mar-17 18:58:57

No kids here, I don't even like them very much (confessed that on another thread and almost got crucified!), but I do enjoy Mumsnet - there's a lot more to it than parenting. Actually, I've learned a lot about parenting from here - enough to make me far more sympathetic to the trials and tribulations of people with children than before.

Wishimaywishimight Thu 16-Mar-17 19:02:26

Same here but, in addition, I love my in-laws so def shouldn't be here! I discovered MN via the Stately Homes thread...

Chottie Thu 16-Mar-17 19:03:35

My kids are grown and flown
I'm a MiL, a DGM and a BB and I find lots of interesting threads on MN.

Miniwookie Thu 16-Mar-17 19:04:31

Yanbu! I have lots of kids, but don't want to talk/think about them all the time. There is lots of non kid-related stuff on here.

ArchNotImpudent Thu 16-Mar-17 19:07:17

I don't have children. I'd always assumed from its name that MN was purely a parenting website, but when a Google search for some health info took me onto the site, I discovered there are plenty of threads here for the child-free person to enjoy.

Tiredbutfuckingfine Thu 16-Mar-17 19:28:31

Recommended by a friend who also has no kids. I like the AIBU vipers

DJBaggySmalls Thu 16-Mar-17 19:30:49

I've only seen it being an issue on 'I Hate Children' comments or threads, when baffled people ask 'then why are you on a parenting forum?'

Losgunna Thu 16-Mar-17 19:31:40

Not at all. Plenty of people here who aren't mums

Pencilvester Thu 16-Mar-17 19:36:19

YANBU. Childless folk are very welcome here!

TwentyCups Thu 16-Mar-17 19:40:21

There's tons of stuff on here, it's not all parenting.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 16-Mar-17 19:48:04

Chottie - whats a BB?

73kittycat73 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:50:15

No children here either. I joined for the Christmas section. smile I also use the weightloss chat a lot and AIBU? The only downside is that I come on here too much! lol

73kittycat73 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:52:07

Should that smilie have been fsmile ? grin

Vq1970 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:52:29

I don't have children or a MIL anymore so not sure I belong! But I'm a step mother so I'm sure there's something I've done wrong even though my step children are the same age and older than me!

I've spent hours reading through some of the really funny threads here - Mexican house thief, Pom bears, penguin bollards. I've learnt what happens when you go for a personal waxing and I'm still not brave enough, I reminisced about the programmes I used to watch in the 70s, laughed at the stupid things people have done (and nodded my head along with some of them) and felt incredible empathy for people going through a shit time. It's a great site for anyone.

IamFriedSpam Thu 16-Mar-17 19:52:39

I've seen quite a few posts from childfree people (some who never want children). Lots of the sections don't have much to do with kids (weight loss etc.).

BadToTheBone Thu 16-Mar-17 19:55:52

I have two, you can have them weekends, I'm kind like that!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 16-Mar-17 19:56:22

Noooo there are loads of childfree people on here, men AND women! It may be called Mumsnet, but it's for everyone, mums, dads and non parents smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now