WEDDING HELP NEEDED. Lindy Bop Abigail - do you have this dress?

(14 Posts)
ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:09:16

Posting here for traffic, I'd jump for joy if anyone could help,

Long story short, dp and I are getting married next week, just us and two witnesses, then a nice meal for about 10 of us, I'd bought the Abigail dress as we're on a pretty tight (non-existent, really) budget, and I thought, for the money it looked pretty good.

Anyway, I tried to on for one last time yesterday and I must have lost weight because it's too big! If anybody has this dress in ivory, in a size 8 I'd be over the moon if you'd sell it to me.

I know I could try and pick another dress but it took me so long to settle on his one, and I've bought shoes to match and all that nonsense.

I've had a look on eBay/Amazon/gumtree to no avail but will keep checking.

The nice ladies on style and beauty suggested posting here for the traffic, and I feel the need to mention, embarrassingly, the wedding is next Wednesday. I feel a real idiot for leaving it this late sad.

sonyaya Thu 16-Mar-17 10:20:11

I don't have the dress I'm afraid but could getting it altered to fit you be an option?

OhHolyFuck Thu 16-Mar-17 10:23:02

Have you emailed Lindy bop on the offchance?

Topuptheglass Thu 16-Mar-17 10:24:36

Take it to a local dressmaker?

Unless you've lost drastic amounts of weight, it'll be easily enough altered.

PotteringAlong Thu 16-Mar-17 10:25:45

I agree; you need a good local dressmaker. Or shed loads of cake grin

Notanotherpawpatrol Thu 16-Mar-17 10:26:28

I agree a local seamstress will be able to alter it quickly and it won't be too expensive (cheaper than buying a new dress anyway!) What area are you in? Maybe one of us might have a recommendation?

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:27:05

I'm going to take a look into getting it altered this afternoon, there's a shop not far from me I can try if not though, I can't really get futher afield to look for another one by Wednesday.
I'll email Lindy bop now.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:27:47

Haha, loads of cake is always an option, I'm in south Wales.

PollytheDolly Thu 16-Mar-17 10:52:12

Good luck! And post a pic after smile

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 11:00:35

Thanks, will do, we're not having a photographer, but dp (soon to be dh, Ooh, exciting!) Is pretty handy win a camera so I'm sure he'll snap some pictures.

Donttouchmycoat Thu 16-Mar-17 11:12:20

There is a group on face book called lindy bop clothing buy swap and sell, you should put a post on there and see if someone can help you out

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 11:30:14

That's a really good idea! I'm not on facebook, I'll ask my friend to look for me.

likewhatevs Thu 16-Mar-17 11:34:23

I second facebook. There are quite a few groups - some specific to Lindy bop, and others e.g. rockabilly, retro, bunny bazaar etc groups and they will be very helpful.

peachgreen Thu 16-Mar-17 12:41:35

Hmm, it doesn't look like a difficult dress to alter and probably will be cheaper to get that done than buying a new one. Plus it will look so much better on you when it's been properly fitted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now