Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to PLEASE help me find a recipie for an EASY vegan dessert?

(44 Posts)
JonesyAndTheSalad Thu 16-Mar-17 07:48:12

My friend's having a party tommorrow and I stupidly said I'd bring something sweet for the (many) vegans attending.

I don't want something like fruit salad as I know she always makes loads.

I want some kind of little individual tarts or cakes or muffins.

I like baking but every recipie I find online has something weird in it like agave nectar, cow breath...or chicken's hopes and dreams....what can I make with easy to find stuff?

TheOnlyColditz Thu 16-Mar-17 07:50:02

Manchester tart

Brokenme Thu 16-Mar-17 07:50:25

Have a look at the Deliciously Ella website

TheOnlyColditz Thu 16-Mar-17 07:51:05

PAstry made with veg fat, jam, then a hefty mix of coconut for the top

LadyPenelopeCantDance Thu 16-Mar-17 07:51:20

I have made a vegan key lime pie before which was easy and tasty. Can't find the exact recipe but there are lots online if you google it.

Areyoufree Thu 16-Mar-17 07:52:16

heatherbarranco.com/2012/02/25/chocolate-vegan-cake/

This is my go to recipe. I also use it to make brownies by adding nuts, cherries and dark chocolate chips. Really easy and tastes amazing.

TheOnlyColditz Thu 16-Mar-17 07:52:54

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/451626668861600395/

Stuffofawesome Thu 16-Mar-17 07:52:59

Vegan meringues. Dead easy and impressive looking. www.lazycatkitchen.com/vegan-meringue-kisses/

Stick them on top a vegan cake. The minimalist baker has some nice ones

rivierliedje Thu 16-Mar-17 07:58:54

lemon curd pie? Very easy to make (just make pastry or use jusroll and make some lemon curd to pour in the middle). Tons of cake, biscuit and cookie recipes online. The Vegan Society has lots of recipes.

SuperManStoleMyPants Thu 16-Mar-17 08:05:03

200g (7 oz) plain flour
200g (7 oz) caster sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
250ml (8 fl oz) water

Put dry ingredients in a bowl, add wet and mix. Makes awesome cakes everytime. Use dark chcoclate and red berries as a topping or vegan butter icing.

LadyPenelope68 Thu 16-Mar-17 08:07:40

This is lovely and you could put in shot glasses for individual portions.
www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11379/the-best-vegan-chocolate-mousse-youll-ever-put-in-your-mouth.html

canihaveacoffeeplease Thu 16-Mar-17 08:08:29

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/vegan-chocolate-cherry-honeycomb-parfait/

This is absolutely outstanding! Nondifficult ingredients (buy soy spread and very strong dark choc e.g. 90% but check its vegan on the label in Norma supermarket) and it's very easy to make. It tastes amazing and you would never know it's vegan! We regularly make it for non vegans as well as vegans and everyone loves it

BottleBeach Thu 16-Mar-17 08:08:44

Avocado
Cocoa powder
Maple syrup

Mix in a blender, adding whatever quantities taste good. Dollop into ramekins and refrigerate. Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves, or whatever takes your fancy.

Mmmmmm. Creamy, chocolatey yumminess in 2 mins grin

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 16-Mar-17 08:09:23

Street Vegan (American vegan food van) has an amazing chocolate ganache tart that is v.easy. Otherwise Divine Vegan has a great (simple!) sponge recipe to accessorise with faux buttercream and jam.

You can sub in maple syrup for agave nectar/brown rice syrup etc, in my experience. And if it says evaporated cane juice, it means sugar. These wanky vegans eh grin I also sub in normal plain flour for most applications that call for ground up rare cactus marrow or some such!

BottleBeach Thu 16-Mar-17 08:09:36

Agave syrup is available at most supermarkets.

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 16-Mar-17 08:10:30

Here is the sponge recipe: divinevegan.com/recipes/desserts/vegan-sponge-cake/

user1471521456 Thu 16-Mar-17 08:12:11

Stop looking for vegan recipes. There are loads of regular desserts that are, or can be, vegan. Ignore anything with eggs or milk (unless it's just a glaze, in which case user oil or don't bother with glaze).Anything that requires butter / marg, just use vegetable marg but do check it is vegan as some vegetable marg has small amounts of milk fat in. Some ideas...pastries, pies, crumbles, shortbreads...

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 16-Mar-17 08:12:37

Oh and THIS. This is a beautiful thing!

communitytable.parade.com/26844/chloecoscarelli/classic-vegan-coconut-layer-cake/

LaContessaDiPlump Thu 16-Mar-17 08:14:42

Sorry, multiple posts blush

Sainsburys own brand dark choc chips are vegan, so you could make the Divine Vegan recipe as cupcakes and drop choc chips in before baking. I did this yesterday and it was very easy!

CMOTDibbler Thu 16-Mar-17 08:15:50

I did lemon drizzle cupcakes at the weekend using the 'wacky cake' method that Supermanstolemypants has in their choc cake recipe and they were amazing. Mine were also gluten free and were much complimented

HairsprayBabe Thu 16-Mar-17 08:57:47

Vegan chocolate mousse 3 ingredients

the water from a tin of chick peas
Sugar (or alternative)
Vegan chocolate

Whisk the chick pea water and sugar, add the melted chocolate, set in the fridge.

Hummus for a starter grin

For a more detailed recipie
www.crazyvegankitchen.com/vegan-chocolate-mousse-made-with-aquafaba-chickpea-brine/

ScrumpyBetty Thu 16-Mar-17 09:09:59

Water from a tin of chick peas? Seriously? Wow, impressed!

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Thu 16-Mar-17 09:13:35

Jack Monroe's vegan banana bread (or muffins if you like) is really lovely - very light which you don't usually have spect from a banana bread:

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/cookingonabootstrap.com/2015/08/11/extra-wholesome-banana-bread-vegan/amp/

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Thu 16-Mar-17 09:14:09

*expect

HairsprayBabe Thu 16-Mar-17 09:20:34

Honestly it is so nice! My mate served it and I was like [shocked] when she told me the ingredients!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now