To wonder if I should be wary about getting hurt

(12 Posts)
Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:27:54

I've been nc with the majority of my family for a number of years

When the rift happened my sister stopped her children speaking with me one of which I was very close to and it hurt me badly

So fast forward 6 years to last week and my dn added me on FB and sent me a message asking if she could call me as she was going through some stuff and wanted some one to talk to.

I dropped everything and went to meet her from work. We talked and it was lovely.

Since then we've text and called daily and chatted about loads my concern is she hadn't told any one that we're back in contact and I'm not sure I can lose her again

She's 20 now

Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:28:55

Pressed enter too quick

Aibu to be wary?

LilacSpatula Wed 15-Mar-17 21:29:33

Can you tell her about these worries? She's an adult and has decided she wants you in her life, which is wonderful.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:30:07

Maybe at 20 she doesn't feel the need to disclose her private business to her family. . It's her decision to have you back as her auntie surely?

Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:30:44

She is an adult but I know that my sister and parents will make her life difficult if they find out

highinthesky Wed 15-Mar-17 21:31:40

DN is grown up and makes her own choices. She has decided to include you in her life, which is great, but do encourage her to be honest with her mother.

Otherwise you will find yourself at the wrong end of the finger of blame, whether you've done anything or not.

Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:32:11

Wish - she loves with her mom and 12 doors away from my parents it's very close knit

Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:33:50

Lives

BillSykesDog Wed 15-Mar-17 21:34:21

Hmm. What's her Mum's reasoning for being NC? It doesn't sound like it's a minor issue and she may be hurt her daughter has done this.

RandomMess Wed 15-Mar-17 21:34:28

I think I would just accept that she's going to hide it for the foreseeable future.

Please don't give up on her, you could well be the only "healthy" adult in her life.

Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:37:31

Bill - with out too much detail I fell out with my parents and my sister followed suit my sis and I haven't spoken a word for 6 years no specific reason for my sis my parents have always (quite rightly) supported her heavily due to circumstances so she just tends to do what they'd want

Nicpem1982 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:38:27

Random - I can't give up on her I'm just not sure I can get through losing her again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now