Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask to use the car park?

(8 Posts)
Sembinmeier Wed 15-Mar-17 19:49:40

DD6 has broken her foot over the weekend and has a half leg cast. Her teacher and other staff have been super and accomodating however i had an awful experience with the receptionist this morning. The school has the usual parking problems (we live 5 miles away so not close by) and you have to be there 45 mins early to get a space within 200 metres of the school. Normally she walks with the childminder or i park at the local shops and walk down. This morning, 10 mins before the bell went i couldent for the life of me get a space and at the moment my little one cant walk more than 50 metres or so without being in pain. I pulled in and called the school and explained my situation and asked if i could use the school car park, to be told "No, you can't" I was shocked by how rude she was. I explained that i couldent physically carry her and asked what i should do and she said i had to wait for someone to pull out. I then said that this would make my daughter late (my DD was horrified at the thought) and the reply i got was "She will just have to be late then, wont she!". AIBU to have expected a little more compassion?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 15-Mar-17 19:51:23

I've seen a child with crutches at our school be allowed to use the cat park.. is there anyone else you can ask?

RB68 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:52:43

no not at all. speak to the head and sort it.

Leggit Wed 15-Mar-17 19:53:28

It wouldn't even cross my mind to ask, I would have just parked in it.

MrsTwix Wed 15-Mar-17 19:53:56

I wonder if whoever took that call was distracted by annoying children pestering her and missed the important bit of the conversation about the leg being in plaster and thought you were just being precious about your child being late?

I'd hate to think anyone who didn't think it appropriate for a child with a leg in plaster to be dropped off as near as possible was working in a school. If they are then complain.

poppy2021 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:54:42

YANBU. Call tomorrow and ask to speak to Headteacher. I would complain about receptionist attitude as well

alltouchedout Wed 15-Mar-17 19:56:29

Yanbu, ask someone senior to her.

Sembinmeier Wed 15-Mar-17 20:03:29

Thanks all!

I just wanted to check that i wasent being the cheekiest unrfeasonable parent by asking.

Its a small school and the receptionist was fully aware who i was and what had happened especially as i had to drop her the day before at the reception as it was her first day back with the pot on. I honestly thought by asking i was showing a respect for the school rules, it had never crossed my mind that i woud recieve such a a reply.

I plan to take my daughter late tomorrow and ask to speak to the head teacher, i am considering a formal complaint

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now