Talk

Advanced search

AIBU fitness bullying

(10 Posts)
alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:16:59

I am school mum of 2 in my mid 30s. I am not very slim, however not overweight nor obese. I have JLo, Kardashian curves perhaps. I look after my face and hair. I am usually nice and happy. I like good food, do not like going to the gym (hot, smelly, boring really). I like walking, cycling, swimming, outdoor activities with kids. 2 days ago when I arrived at the school gate to pick up my children I have been called out loudly by the other mum in front of others, that I should think about to join fitness classes or do jogging as it is going to be beneficial for my body appearance. I really ignored her as I think she is a bit frustrated in her life and also she is nothing really close to fitness shape herself ๐Ÿ˜… But, when in the evening, I said to my mum what did she say my mum considered that as kind of bullying and her being really rude to me. She said I should really say something back. Shall I? What do you think?

FairfaxAikman Wed 15-Mar-17 17:19:03

Tell her she should look into surgery as she would totally benefit from a personality transplant. hmm

Crowdblundering Wed 15-Mar-17 17:20:57

Where is this school?! Fuck me if the parents are behaving like this what are the kids doing?

Ignore them OP hmm

alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:24:58

๐Ÿ˜… I will ๐Ÿ˜Š

Doyouwantabrew Wed 15-Mar-17 17:27:02

Fair grin

Op what a silly bitch she sounds tell her to mind her business or smile and walk on depending on your mood smile

Oldraver Wed 15-Mar-17 17:29:44

She said this to you unsolicited ? Though I cant think of any instance where saying this would be appropriate...well maybe if you had hired a personal trainer and had asked for advice.

Anything else is weir and bitchy

IamFriedSpam Wed 15-Mar-17 17:32:14

shock your mum's right, that woman sounds either completely insane or just insanely rude. What an odd totally outrageous thing to say to someone.

alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:32:46

I know, never asked her for any advice. I've never commented on others body or fitness levels as I don't mind...Weird people around ๐Ÿ˜…

GinasGirl Wed 15-Mar-17 17:35:13

This happened to a friend of mine once.
She had not long had a baby. We were all stood around chatting in the playground one day when another Mum came over and made comments about my friends figure - how she'd noticed how much weight had gone on, and that it didn't seem to be coming off fast enough.
My friend told her to fuck off.

alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:22:41

Good on her, I am probably to nice to say f** *ff ๐Ÿ˜‚

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now ยป

Already registered? Log in with: