Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU fitness bullying

(10 Posts)
alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:16:59

I am school mum of 2 in my mid 30s. I am not very slim, however not overweight nor obese. I have JLo, Kardashian curves perhaps. I look after my face and hair. I am usually nice and happy. I like good food, do not like going to the gym (hot, smelly, boring really). I like walking, cycling, swimming, outdoor activities with kids. 2 days ago when I arrived at the school gate to pick up my children I have been called out loudly by the other mum in front of others, that I should think about to join fitness classes or do jogging as it is going to be beneficial for my body appearance. I really ignored her as I think she is a bit frustrated in her life and also she is nothing really close to fitness shape herself 😅 But, when in the evening, I said to my mum what did she say my mum considered that as kind of bullying and her being really rude to me. She said I should really say something back. Shall I? What do you think?

FairfaxAikman Wed 15-Mar-17 17:19:03

Tell her she should look into surgery as she would totally benefit from a personality transplant. hmm

Crowdblundering Wed 15-Mar-17 17:20:57

Where is this school?! Fuck me if the parents are behaving like this what are the kids doing?

Ignore them OP hmm

alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:24:58

😅 I will 😊

Doyouwantabrew Wed 15-Mar-17 17:27:02

Fair grin

Op what a silly bitch she sounds tell her to mind her business or smile and walk on depending on your mood smile

Oldraver Wed 15-Mar-17 17:29:44

She said this to you unsolicited ? Though I cant think of any instance where saying this would be appropriate...well maybe if you had hired a personal trainer and had asked for advice.

Anything else is weir and bitchy

IamFriedSpam Wed 15-Mar-17 17:32:14

shock your mum's right, that woman sounds either completely insane or just insanely rude. What an odd totally outrageous thing to say to someone.

alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:32:46

I know, never asked her for any advice. I've never commented on others body or fitness levels as I don't mind...Weird people around 😅

GinasGirl Wed 15-Mar-17 17:35:13

This happened to a friend of mine once.
She had not long had a baby. We were all stood around chatting in the playground one day when another Mum came over and made comments about my friends figure - how she'd noticed how much weight had gone on, and that it didn't seem to be coming off fast enough.
My friend told her to fuck off.

alexii27 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:22:41

Good on her, I am probably to nice to say f** *ff 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now