Talk

Advanced search

Grownups peeing in public swimming pools

(81 Posts)
mumsgirl1 Wed 15-Mar-17 13:55:05

Having a discussion with mums at school and someone said she did this.
Totally rank!
I know the water is chlorinated, but how can you p* in the pool where other peoples faces go. Bloody well get out and pee, the toilets are not far.angry

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 13:58:47

Given that pools are full of bodily fluids - child pee, breast milk etc etc, plus poo, ecoli etc what difference does it make?

twilightcafe Wed 15-Mar-17 13:59:31

It is gross and I certainly don't do this. shock

Partly why I hate public swimming pools. If I win the lottery, I will have a pool of my own.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 13:59:47

And of course sweat, oil, dirt...

IamFriedSpam Wed 15-Mar-17 14:00:36

I know it probably doesn't make much difference but the thought of it is gross, why can't she just go before she swims?

xStefx Wed 15-Mar-17 14:01:53

It is minging, I know there are lots of people who do this and don't think anything of it. Not sure why people think its ok. But yeah with the amount of bodily fluids that go in there I suppose it doesn't really make a difference.

Bellerophon Wed 15-Mar-17 14:01:56

I think YANBU and its typical of some mothers these days who want to boast just how they can do whatever they want and f-ck the rest of us

Of course she can do it (what else is chlorine for, so to speak) but does that mean she should do it??

MatildaTheCat Wed 15-Mar-17 14:02:47

Meh. Life is too short. Don't drink the water and wear goggles which is what any regular swimmer knows. I certainly don't want to drink urine but if it's in there it's incredibly dilute and also chlorinated should I accidentally swallow a small amount.

I'm pretty sure the benefits outweigh the risks. smile

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 14:06:13

In fact according to one article, adults shed the equivalent of the weight of a pea and children shed up to 10 peas' worth of shit when they go into a pool

Cosmicglitterpug Wed 15-Mar-17 14:07:21

I think YANBU and its typical of some mothers these days who want to boast just how they can do whatever they want and f-ck the rest of us

hmm Right ok. Do you mean people perhaps love?

I'm not bothered about piss in a pool personally as it's effectively a soup of body juice, but then maybe it's 'cos I'm a mother' and I don't give a fuck.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 14:16:42

Apparently chlorine isn't effective against piss if there is too much of it

sonyaya Wed 15-Mar-17 14:18:39

I know I must sound ignorant but how/why do we shed shit when we go swimming? shock

tarheelbaby Wed 15-Mar-17 14:19:05

Admittedly a US article but plenty of science here about why no one should pee in the pool and everyone should have a shower/rinse off before swimming. As the article explains, it's not the pee per se but what happens when it mixes with the other chemicals AND those chemicals themselves.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/26/urine-chlorinated-pool.aspx

Annesmyth123 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:19:38

Proper swimmers who are training pee in the pool. You know, like Ian thingumy.

Sparklingbrook Wed 15-Mar-17 14:20:47

What sort of discussion were you having where that would come up? confused The weirdest thing is not that she does it but tells everyone.

She most likely flushes tampons too, and everything else people would be hmm at.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 14:21:38

Apparently unless you are actually washing your arse there is residual shit particles that are shed

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 14:22:25

That was to sonya

I think I need to step away from Google envy

noeffingidea Wed 15-Mar-17 14:23:54

I agree, its out of order, OP. Just because there are already bodily fluids (which are unavoidable) doesn't mean people should add more on purpose.
Go to the toilet before you get in the pool. Surely most people can hold their urine in for an hour or so? If you can't then get out, go to the toilet and get back in again.

BadTasteFlump Wed 15-Mar-17 14:27:43

That is disgusting. I do love a wee in the sea though.

BadTasteFlump Wed 15-Mar-17 14:28:49

Proper swimmers who are training pee in the pool. You know, like Ian thingumy

True. Just as professional marathon runners wee and crap their pants.

sonyaya Wed 15-Mar-17 14:30:37

livia

Well that's something new I've learned today!

ButtercupChain Wed 15-Mar-17 14:32:07

Given that pools are full of bodily fluids - child pee, breast milk etc etc, plus poo,

POO?! shock

Not in my pool!

Not that I've ever seen it. grin

Peeing in the pool deliberately is a bit gross.

Racmactac Wed 15-Mar-17 14:32:17

This is exactly why i hate swimming. Yuck

Lostpangolin Wed 15-Mar-17 14:35:07

Priscilla, are these garden , or mushy peas? We should be toldgrin

Lostpangolin Wed 15-Mar-17 14:35:44

Drusilla, not Priscilla FFS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now