Talk

Advanced search

To tell the next person who calls me about ppi to F**k off!

(15 Posts)
Erandel Wed 15-Mar-17 12:50:21

I know I've never had ppi so why do they keep calling, texting and emailing me. Same with insurance companies . Apparently I've been in dozens of road traffic accidents (funny as I don't even drive) I block their number every time and they still get through! If I was old or vulnerable it would actually scare me as God knows how they've all got my number .

00Salix00 Wed 15-Mar-17 13:00:50

I once put my then 3 year old on the phone to talk with them. Hilarious.

HateSummer Wed 15-Mar-17 13:03:08

TPS. Last month I got 5 calls within minutes of each other and shouted fuck off on each one. Then I realised TPS can also block numbers on mobile, so I registered and I haven't had any calls this last week. It takes 28 days to start working once you register.

PinkFlamingo545 Wed 15-Mar-17 13:08:20

In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience ..you are over reacting

TeenageCentaurMortificado Wed 15-Mar-17 13:10:02

I've been registered with tps for years. Makes no difference to the scammers. I don't answer numbers I don't recognise EVER. And when my mobile rings I generally simultaneously google the number. 99% of them are scammers, ppi, marketing etc and go straight to blocked.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 15-Mar-17 13:11:43

I frequently shout at them to fuck off! Yes I know they are just doing their job but they can target some other poor fucker.

It's always mildly amusing when they have a go at you for being rude though grin

Applebite Wed 15-Mar-17 13:13:40

I got back to my desk once to find 5 missed calls from an unknown number in Newcastle. I panicked thinking it must be urgent if they had called 5 times.

Googled the number.

Fucking EDF.

Now they call me several times a week.

Fuck off EDF and stick your fucking electricity meters up your fucking arse whilst you're at it!

Erandel Wed 15-Mar-17 13:16:32

Phew! Glad it's not just me who gets wound up by this. Salix I might try that my dd can talk for England grin

HateSummer Wed 15-Mar-17 13:21:41

You better watch out, EDF scour threads on here if you complain about them. I've seen them come on and ask people to phone them to see what they can do for you.

peachgreen Wed 15-Mar-17 13:51:15

They're almost all pre-recorded, automated voices with recognition. Best thing to do is hang up and block.

Erandel Wed 15-Mar-17 14:12:23

Peach Ive been getting real people in the calls. It always takes them ages to say hello and there is lots of background noise

ShotsFired Wed 15-Mar-17 14:22:28

@Erandel I know I've never had ppi so why do they keep calling, texting and emailing me

Don't take it so personally wink
It's not YOU they are contacting, it's just the next random number that their autodialler has called/texted (or that their email system has made up/scoured and found online/bought off a list)

They have no idea if you drive or not; or whether you've had an accident or not. It's just a massive numbers game that means they'll eventually find someone who does and who has and who wants some blasted compo for it.

ShotsFired Wed 15-Mar-17 14:22:33

@Erandel I know I've never had ppi so why do they keep calling, texting and emailing me

Don't take it so personally wink
It's not YOU they are contacting, it's just the next random number that their autodialler has called/texted (or that their email system has made up/scoured and found online/bought off a list)

They have no idea if you drive or not; or whether you've had an accident or not. It's just a massive numbers game that means they'll eventually find someone who does and who has and who wants some blasted compo for it.

Tartle Wed 15-Mar-17 14:38:50

There can be no adult left in the UK who isn't aware that if they had ppi they might have a claim and if there are then they are too oblivious to deserve the payout. I really think they should just set an end date maybe 1 year from now by which time if you haven't claimed you can't.

Then they can all fuckity fuck off!

BarbaraofSeville Wed 15-Mar-17 14:46:06

Tartle They have just set an end date, August 2019. Anyone who wants to claim can use the templates/advice on moneysavingexpert and don't need to use the claims companies at all.

I'm registered with TPS so get hardly any calls like this. Those that do slip through are either overseas, using random number generators, or claim to be doing a survey. The reason they don't always speak straight away is that machines make the calls and there aren't always operators ready to speak when calls connect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now