AIBU? Child's rucksack and safety tabard combination?

(6 Posts)
tiggy02 Wed 15-Mar-17 11:41:44

AIBU to think that a combination of a child's rucksack and safety tabard combination is a good idea? I've had a sample made up but have no idea what to do with it and whether people would buy it? I'm not in a position to order the minimum manufactured quantity. Do you think it's a good idea? Do you think Crowdfunding would work?

ShotsFired Wed 15-Mar-17 11:47:34

If I had kids I'd buy one grin

I spent a lot of time in the darkest winter months driving about and wondering wtf 99% of kids coats were black with no reflective or bright detail on them. It seems so obvious.

Crowdfunding would seem like a great idea for this sort of thing, so go for it. But make sure you put up pictures of it "working" too, like www.provizsports.com/en-gb/ so potential supporters can see what a difference it makes.

ShotsFired Wed 15-Mar-17 11:52:12

Actually, looking at the pic again, I'd almost want to reverse the ratios of high vis to design. You don't want to be so focused on making it a nice fire engine smiley face when the main point is the visibility.

Any parent could knock up the prototype backpack you have a with a few strips of 3M tape. Harder to do if practically the whole thing is reflective

There's a fabric called pixel 300 which does this amazingly (and I think can also be used with colours or designs - I have it on a bunch of my cycling jerseys and they are diff colours).

tiggy02 Wed 15-Mar-17 13:59:53

Thanks it's great to hear that you do buy one. Hoping others will give their opinion too!

CwtchMawr Wed 15-Mar-17 14:08:16

I like them. My children don't ever carry backpacks though so I wouldn't buy one.

RochelleGoyle Wed 15-Mar-17 14:10:08

Really like this idea OP. I'd buy one when my son is bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now